“Beautiful setting”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
Essex, England
“Beautiful setting”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

we spent 3 nights here in a King Bed room.
room was not ready when we arrived at 3pm, and had to wait approx 20 minutes
Room was of a good size, lovely having a balcony overlooking Mackenzie Beach.
Bathroom alittle small and shower head could be bigger.
had a small fridge in the room. The flat screen TV had limited stations, and we found the internet alittle slow compared to our expirences in other places we stayed at during our trip.
We did really enjoy our strolls along the beach and watching the sunsets.
Used the restaurant once, it was not busy and we did find the service alittle slow, but sitting overlooking the bay kinda made up for that.
overall a good place to "chill out"

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Polish first
Cobble Hill, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The Staff were very friendly, check in was quick and easy. The room was clean and nice. We were on the second floor and the view of the Ocean was excellent. We ate dinner one night in the Calm-waters restaurant. We both ordered the Philly with prawns. Mine was OK, my wife's was flavorless and tough, I mentioned this to our waiter and he apologized, but did nothing else, did not offer to replace it or offer a free drink or dessert or reduce the bill. He also didn't tell us about the special of the night which was Halibut, which I probably would have ordered had I known. Other than that the service was good but not fast. I would go back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Older hotel with newer washroom. I wish the window in the hot tub is a little bit cleaner so we could see perfect sunset from the tub. But we will be back because their beach is very nice. Location is perfect.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I took my girlfriend here for 2 nights and was impressed with the location and the views. However the service in the restaraunt was really bad. The staff were young and dissinterested, did not write down orders and then brought the wrong dishes or forgot part of the order. My main dish on the first night was not edible and on the second night I ordered a burger to reduce the opportunity for the kitchen messing up.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul D, General Manager at Best Western Tin Wis Resort, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here, my apologies that you were so dissatisfied with the restaurant service. I will continue working with the Restaurant team to improve the service delivery. Again thank you for your honest feedback.
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a night in June. The rooms are nice enough, the view is gorgeous and all rooms have a patio or balcony facing the ocean. The front desk staff at busy time is snotty, and the service is nice enough but perhaps a little less professional during slower times. Tofino is expensive and not a great value for a vacation, so it's not just the Tin Wis that is overpriced it's the area. The Oregon coast is where we normally go, you can get twice the vacation for the same price. My only real complaint about this hotel would be attention to detail with cleanliness-there were multiple hairs in the bathroom and spots on the black tile floors. Other than that, it's a decent place to stay if you are in Tofino.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Laurel S S
Paul D, General Manager at Best Western Tin Wis Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to offer your candid feedback regarding your recent stay here. I apologize that you found the level of service and professionalism at Guest Service's, lacking and I will address this with them at their next team meeting. The attention to detail in house-keeping is clearly a training issue, as well. Thank you again for your help in identifying araes we need to work on improving and please contact me directly should you visit the area in the future as I would be please to have you as our guest again.

Regards,

Paul Dodds BSc CHA
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We booked last minute during high season and didn't have a lot of choices in Tofino, especially as some places in the area don't allow kids. This hotel was very clean and the staff were helpful and friendly. The view from our main floor room was straight out to the beach. There is a good restaurant in the hotel, as well as a clean indoor hot tub and laundry facilities. The fitness area has a treadmill, two exercise bikes an a ski machine. We paid $243 plus tax per night in high season on a weekend. We had a standard room with 2 queen beds for our family of four. The room was clean and in good shape, but we had a lot of noise from the room above and activity at the surf shop outside our door.
Overall I would recommend this hotel, but be aware that you are heading to a somewhat remote location, and this place has all that you should need and would expect from a moderately priced Best Western.

• Stayed July 2012
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed in a suite in June. The described soaker tub surrounded by glass windows was not even large enough for a child! The blinds were falling off and we could not close them! The kitchenette was a joke. No kettle! The long balcony was so narrow, it was hard to pass someone without bumping into them!!! The pull out sofa was so uncomfortable, it made sleeping impossible! Dirty bathrooms with missing labels on the products made it a guessing game as to which product was what! The only good thing was the view! Still not worth the price I paid for this two night stay in this dive of a MOTEL not a hotel! The rating should be changed! Service at the restaurant was so slow that unless you are prepared to wait 45 minutes to get a mere coffee, I suggest driving to Tofino and finding a place the cares about it's customers. Oh, I could go on and on, but get upset at the memory of a complete waste of money! Be ware as Tofino is wonderful.....rain or shine, but it is neither if you stay at the Best Western Tin Wis!!!!!

Room Tip: If you'd like a good room, Go somewhere else!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Kasia K
Paul D, General Manager at Best Western Tin Wis Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Please accept my apologies for your dissatisfaction with your stay her last month. Had I been aware of your problems I would have been happy to arrange a solution with you after you registered. I am very surprised at the number of issues you had as this is absolutely not indicative of the product or service we offer to our guests. Please contact me directly so we can discuss this further - 1-800-661-9995

Regards,