“Cant go farther west in Canada ...in style”

Best Western Tin Wis Resort
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
Brampton, Canada
“Cant go farther west in Canada ...in style”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The rooms are designer touch and very well kept up. Comfortable beds, sleep well.
Coffee maker, minifridge . Coffee on balcony watching ocean is heavenly
Unfortunately sounds travel But loud kids have major decibels.
No free breakdast.

Well maintained grounds. Gardens, trees and walkways.Little touches like foot washing stations for beach sand.

Conference centre and restaurant. Awesome eats. Salads are first rate. Salmon on alderwood is worth the flight from Toronto. Curry seafood on wild rice. ASK if allergies, as menu is not precise. Wait staff are very knowlegable and attentive.

This is not a rustic cabin in the woods. No pool. You came to see the ocean. Remember?

Whirlpool and Sauna needs to heat up before use . Energy conservation. This is BC .

Two vacation thumbs up.

Room Tip: Ask for third or fourth floor for ocean view. All face ocean.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stopped by to check out lodging availability, but decided to stay elsewhere, not because of the resort, which looked nice, but because of the unfriendly, arrogant, know-it-all attitude of one of the front desk staff members. It was clear that he did not care about my business, so I left, and found another (nicer) resort nearby.

Room Tip: There are nicer resorts nearby, with much friendlier employees to greet you. My suggestion is to sta...
Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank TravelReviewer150
Paul D, General Manager at Best Western Tin Wis Resort, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Please accept my apologies, for the poor service and attitude you experienced with one of my Guest Services staff. This is certainly not indicative of the staff here at the resort, and not acceptable. I will discuss your comments with the employee. Please contact me directly so I may apologize and perhaps I can offer you a complimentary night stay or dinner in our restaurant, by way of an apology.
Best Regards,

Paul Dodds CHA
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Spectacular ocean view rooms with cozy fireplace and lovely deck. Run by first nations band and the employees are very warm and friendly. North coast aboriginal decor. A genuine nice place. Great housekeeping staff who taught us a few words of the local aboriginal language. A very welcoming and comfortable place to stay with small kitchenette. Loved it

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank TravelGuys1202
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed 6 nights, from Mar 18-24, 2012. We had a king suite with kitchenette on 3rd floor in building C. I'd recommend the location on MacKenzie Beach. Beautiful beach views right outside our balconey! The room was spacious, clean, cozy gas fireplace, and the kitchenette was very handy (fridge, 2 burner stove, microwave, and all the dishes supplied). The king bed was perfect and firm. The bathroom had dual sinks, nice. We did not try the restaurant. I'd highly recommend the hotel. Had a wonderful vacation, thanks!

Room Tip: I too would say stay on 2nd or 3rd floors.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kimba65
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Our World Harmony Run team stayed in this hotel and we loved it. Fabulous staff, excellent service, amazing view at the ocean, just pure tranquility. Highly recommended. Overall we got a superb treatment and are looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed April 2012
Paul D, General Manager at Best Western Tin Wis Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our resort. It was our pleasure to host your group. All the best.

Regards,

Paul
Nottingham, England
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Tin Wis for 3 nights of our 2 week trip to Canada. I have to say first impressions of the hotel on arrival were not fantastic - the hotel's external appearance seemed a little dated & needing a little attention.

However, after a long drive, we were greeted by friendly front desk staff and arrived at our stunning beach view room. Room couldn't be faulted. Modern, very comfortable beds and has everything you need. We sat on the balcony every night after a walk along the beach, often watching the beautiful sunset. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. Peaceful location/setting & perfect for relaxing.

Just a 3-5 minute drive into the centre of Tofino and a 2 minute drive to the wonderful Shelter restaurant.

I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura S
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We really enjoyed staying at this motel. The view is fantastic! It is clean, quiet and comfortable. As with many Best Westerns, it is a motel trying hard for respect. We recommend it. The room and bathroom are a bit small, but acceptable. We also liked the free wi-fi, laundry and free parking. Our first impression was not the best however. We arrived about 7:30pm and were quoted a rate for the room. I told the front desk clerk I saw a much lower rate on Tripadvisor. He reduced it a bit, but would not come down to the rate I mentioned. The next morning, I printed what I had seen on TA, and he reluctantly lowered the rate. He seemed annoyed. He also refused to accept my Best Western rewards number saying the low rate would not qualify for points. My wife went back, after a shift change, and another clerk gladly accepted the number. Overall, we just did not feel welcome. What a shame because it is a very good motel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family