Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

via mobile
Hot Springs Tour

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Alicia W

All reviews hot springs cove captain ron bear watching sea otters whale watching grey whales covered boat miss chief coffee bar boat ride life jackets great trip see whales sea conditions hot springs were great knowledgeable guide black beans
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

This tour was really fantastic, it was all we hoped it would be and more. We lucked out with the weather, and got even luckier viewing all the wildlife.
We saw bald eagles, seals, otters, and then there were the whales. Our captain stopped where he had saw a Grey whale the previous day, and we waited for a bit before he spotted it. He made every effort to get us within viewing distance, but still gave it enough space. We saw three grey whales, and on the way back we saw a pod of Orcas. It was really special.
The hot springs were beautiful, there was only our group there for the first hour, which was nice. Another small group came after that, but overall it wasn’t too busy. We found it very relaxing and well worth the short walk to the springs.
I would highly recommend this tour, and can’t say enough about our captain and the tour company.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Amazing experience!!! Was disappointed that my sea to sky experience was hindered due to weather (flight return wasn't possible (third time in a row), but that was due to the airline not Ocean Outfitters). The captain of our boat was phenomenal! He got word there were some whales in a nearby bay on our return and detoured (with our permission), and we were able to witness three great whales (in addition to the seals and sea otters we had already seen). Our captain was very knowledgeable and answered all of the questions (no matter how random some of them were). Even though the weather caused my excursion to be cancelled/rescheduled several times during my stay the staff at Ocean Outfitters were amazing and called me many times to update me and book me on alternate excursions. Absolutely great experience: will definitely recommend!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went to go do the hot springs cove tour for my friend’s birthday. I thought our guide who took us out on the boat was awesome! Plus that boat ride was so fun! A bit rough but it had me and my friend laughing and loving it! The hike once you get the the island is 30 minutes and pretty chill, as well it was super pretty. The hot springs were amazing and I loved how natural they still were. My friend and I were so happy we chose to do this tour. We feel we definitely got our money’s worth!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friend and I came to Tofino for my birthday and we had such an amazing time. Jesse was super great and knowledgable about the area while taking us to the cove. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who is looking for a great day of adventure and relaxation. We got to see whales, otters, seals, eagles and so much more, it's definitely worth the money you pay. I'll be back to do it again someday!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spent a beautiful day trip from Tofino to Hot Springs Cove , our tour guide and driver was very knowledgeable about the area and wildlife. We saw Grey Whales Seals and Sea Otters A lovely walk to the hot spring through some old growth forest.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was trip we’ve been wanting to make for many years, finally got the time and opportunity to visit the the hot springs. We signed up on line with Ocean Outfitters’s website. Showed up early morning. Checkin experience was very pleasant and cheerful. All safety instructions were clearly communicated. Our boat captain Travis was knowledgeable and experienced and took us gave us lots of time to see the wild life on our way to and back from the springs. We saw grey whales, otters and seals up close in their natural habitat.

Overall a great experience and would repeat with them in future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This crew took us on an incredible Whale watching adventure. I would highly recommend going on the exposed boat (zodiac) instead of the closed in boat especially if you get a little sea sick. Our captain knew right where to take us and we saw 5 Grey Whales! On the way out he drove us by Bald Eagles feeding on salmon, we saw two of them catch and fly off with fish in their Talons - Wow!! Our captain was very sensitive to make sure everyone on board was comfortable and continued to check in to make sure no one was sea sick! I would highly recommend this adventure!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great at every point. Our Captain was so knowledgeable he really made the trip an awesome experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well, I can't think what's the right way to describe accurately the impact left on us the magical tour we took with Ocean Outfitters.
September 9th started in pouring rain (actualy continuing rain the whole night before). Packed ourselves in our RV, heading at 6:00 AM towards Tofino. 7:00 AM we're to be on the boat to hot springs cove. Finding an RV parking in Tofino is quite a challenge, resulting in crucial 20 min. delay...7:20 AM we're finally on the dock, meeting Ron, our captain. Smiling patiently till all 10 of us desert dwellers find their seats in the open zodiac. Still pouring rain... Heading towards hot springs cove. The 20 minutes delay left captain Ron no choice - taking a shorter course through the open ocean instead of the longer and more calm waterof the inner course. Meeting the ocean "face to face" was amazing!!! Rain, wind, salty water spray and a continuos ups and downs on and off the grey-green breakers sorrounding us from every direction. Ron, our captain, steered the yellow zodiac with much talent and confidence to our destination. "Beware of the slippery wooden boards on your way" he said before sailing to his way "meet me here at 11:00..".The rain kept pouring and us, making our way through enchanted rain forest to the promised hot springs. After soaking ourselves in the hot water we made our way to catch our ride back to Tofino. Ron was there as agreed - 11:00. But now we took the longer route back. Much calmer, and full of wildlife surprises - sea otters, canadian bald eagle, even a grey whale stopping for food on his long journey south. With a lot of patience and never too pushy, Ron shared us with the the vast knowledge he has on the nature and the delicate eco-systems of the area. Giving us a model of nature stewardship at its best.
Comming back home, we understand that the day we spent with Ocean Outfitters and especially Ron, gave us a gift we will always keep in our minds and our hearts. Tofino, the rain forest, the wildlife, makes you want to come back again and again.
Thank you for a wonderful adventure and experience.

1  Thank AnnaS181
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I ended up taking two tours with Ocean Outfitters. I started with the bear watching and enjoyed it so much, I went back for the Whale Watching the next day. I went both times in the Zodiac boats and LOVED every minute of it. We were successful on both trips and saw so much more than just bears and whales. There were eagles, sea otters, sea lions, and seals, We had a pretty up close view of both the bears and whales and I got some amazing pictures.

The staff are friendly, organized and the tour guides are very knowledgeable. I learned a fair bit too. I usually travel solo and they made me feel comfortable and welcomed. I had the best time and I would definitely go again next time I was there.

Tip: If you book online, do your waiver online. It takes 2 mins and will make things go quicker and smoother for everyone when you arrive.