Review of Ocean Outfitters

Ocean Outfitters
More attraction details
Owner description: Tofino's carbon neutral adventure tour company. Join Ocean Outfitters for adventures in Clayoquot Sound including guaranteed whale watching, bear watching, coastal hot springs tours, private charters, sea to sky tours and Meares Island walks, remote kayaking, remote SUP, salt and freshwater fishing. Comfortable covered vessels and zodiacs. Free parking. Organic espresso bar. Open year round for hot springs tours. FUN and educational. Book online and save!
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I did a zodiac whale watch tour with them. The guide was very knowledgeable about whales, birds, you name it. We saw a goodly number of grey whales and had a really good time.

All reviews
"zodiac trip"
in 6 reviews
"great bear"

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was very disappointed in our whale watching trip. It was a nice time on the sea and we did see sea lions and some birds and saw a few inches of the top of one whale. I had read that April was the time of year to see lots of whales, so was eagerly awaiting our trip. I did inquire of the boat captian, and the girl in the office, and both of them said it was normal what we saw that day. if this trip had been advertised as; a nice day on the sea with sightings of seals and sea lions and perhaps whales (but only abit of their back ) then I would have had no problem paying $100 per person . It would then have been my decision to pay this much money and take the time to do the trip (and not expect to see whales) ...but do not advertise it as whale watching.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I booked a trip with them using a socialshopper coupon with 4 other friends and it was a fantastic trip. The tour guy/boat driver, stopped along known sights with wildlife I got to take lots of pictures of sea lions, sea otters, whales all along the way. The only thing I didn't like was the fact I got so terribly sea sick and he only had motion sickness meds for one person (I was outside enjoying the sea and the fresh air) by the time I got hit with motion sickness, the other girl in the boat already consumed the entire batch! That was probably the only big down side to my trip to hot springs cove, other than that, it was a lovely trip. Would recommend them to everyone.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just wanted to drop a note and thank ocean outfitters staff for accommodating my 2 whale tours on Saturday Mar 30th. I missed the 1 pm zodiac but, everyone at ocean outfitters bent over backwards to ensure I made the 1 pm excursion and called the zodiac back to pick me up....wow...for that I am very thankful. Who knows when I will ever make it out to Tofino again so getting on 2 whale watching excursions was very memorable and enjoyable. Peter and Ron were awesome and always explained the whale behavior and answered any and all questions. I did not get the girls names at the front desk, but they were awesome in ensuring I got on the boat for 1pm and I heard the owner (sorry I did not get a name ) helped out as well! An all around memorable and wonderful experience and yea..we saw whales :)

3  Thank JA1Calgary_Canada
See more reviews
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband & I took this whale tour after years of dreaming of it. I had travelled to Newfoundland 4 years prior and had no luck at all seeing my long sought after whales. The waters were quite rough but our young captain/guide had us riding the crest of the waves with great skill-it was fabulous and exhilarating!
Not long into our journey spooted something in the dark waters almost resembling the head of a beuga. As our guide backed up the zodiac he pointed out that it was a sunfish and a very large one at that. He explained how the sunfish was surfacing so the gull could pick the parasites(worms) off his skin. It was awesome- he said he'd only ever seen 3 in his time with this company. My Spirit opened up as we went from area to area up close, quiet, just experiencing all the abundant life, sea lions, seals, huge groups of sea otters, puffins and finally the grey whales!
I am so very sorry I've forgotten our guides name because he truly made the trip- he had so much knowledge for a young man but was not intrusive- he knew when to speak and when to just let us experience- that's a real gift! My husband & I both felt so much gratitude, felt full and the value was insane for the experience! Thank you-we'll be back with our son & Granddaughter this summer:)
I'll load pics- unfortunately as is Murphy's Law my camera ran ourt of batteries when the Whale dived and I missed a glorious shot of his whale tail!