“Best lessons we've had”

Surf Sister Surf School
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Family had two lessons on consecutive days and we all agreed that we learned more here than from any other place. Instructors were good fun and professional and able to cater to the differing standards in the group. We had all surfed before but were essentially beginners and were all standing up on waves after the first hour of the first lesson. Nice people.

All reviews
"great morning"
"bucket list"
"lots of fun"

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband had a beginners surf lesson and he said it was fantastic. Much better than other lessons he had had elsewhere as you get a lot more 1:1 tuition from the instructor.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went for a day two lesson. Instructor was friendly enough. We did learn a little more about etiquette but not much. She took the 2 males of the group out back first and left the other group members in the white water. By the time the others came back there was no time for anyone else to go. So she went herself. I wasn't impressed. Not to mention the late arrival. Would not go back.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I found their prices to be a bit steep. I was especially turned off by their lack of flexibility when I offered to supply my own equipment. They offered a $10.00 discount on their lesson rate if I supplied my own equipment. Not fair in my opinion.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 29, 2013

THe surf school is great for beginners as they provide good experienced instructors with patience. They provide you with wetsuits to keep you warm in the cold waters and you go to Cox Bay to surf. My family had a private lesson with Dominga and she was excellent. You register at their office in Tofino and drive to meet them at Cox Bay where they give you the suits. You have to help carry the boards down a trail for to the beach, not too far.