“Awesome Coffee and great eye candy!”

Surf Sister Surf School
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome Coffee and great eye candy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great staff, wicked coffee and a beautiful troop of female instructors as well as employees. Nice concept.

Visited July 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“enthusiastic and helpful lessons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

my two daughters took lessons at Surf Sister. One took a second day of lessons since she loved it so much. They are very organized with the administration part which made day two processing very easy. The instructors were very good and obviously loved what they are doing. Both girls learned a lot and it was all very safe.

Sooke
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“40 is not too old to surf!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I just wanted to say what a wonderful time we had surfing with the Surf Sisters school. It was just the right mix of education and practice/ There is nothing like the feeling of getting up on a board and what an end to a wonderful Tofino trip. I watched the surfers at Long Beach with new respect! I am toatlly hooked!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good and not so good....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is our 2nd time using Surf Sister. My daughter was part of a "day 2" lesson with Nicole about 3 weeks ago. It was a great experience. Great energy, smile and she helped my daughter feel great while surfing.
Just finished another "day 2" lesson. Wasn't quite the same experience that we had had the first time. There was some good aspects but left feeling a little disappointed. There were 4 in the group and 2 (a couple) seemed to get most of the attention. I can appreciate that it must be a challenge for the instructor. But in this case it was frustrating to observe and for my daughter, she didn't feel as engaged in the lesson. She got in a scary situation in the green water so this did not help her self confidence. I do realize that things happen but maybe a little more attention would have benefited her.
Also if you advertise a 3 hour lesson it should not end 15 mins early....
Still, the instructor was a nice person and my daughter did learn some more about surfing. Next time maybe we will look into a more private lesson....

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wicked Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I did my Day 1 & 2 lessons on the same day, with Chantal and Emma in the morning, and I was lucky enough to have Chantal again in the evening. Emma is super encouraging and supportive and just taps right into a vibe that screams 'stoked!'. Emma made me feel impressed with myself for doing (at best) a half assed job of standing on a surfboard.

Chantal is a beautiful, beautiful person with just the right awesomeness:mad skillz ratio. Even though Chantal continually mentions the uber-long learning curve with surfing, she somehow left me with the belief that I could look half as cool as her after a decade of surfing attempts; although, I probably would not be half as lovely.

Each one of the girls at the shop exude coolness, it's in their blood. Surf Sisters was recommended to me by the front desk at the place I was staying, as a 'non alpha male' learn-to-surf experience. I wish they had a 'Day 3' lesson instead of just the private ones, so I could continue my learning in a group atmosphere.

I love every one of them (especially Chantal). Wicked awesome.

Visited April 2013