“Wonderful Kayak Tour!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Black Bear Kayaking
Ranked #7 of 49 Tours in Tofino
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Black Bear Kayak provides Kayak and hiking-tours around Tofino. Explore the rugged coasts of the various little islands of Clayoquot Sound and meet the wildlife at its doorstep. No experience required!
Franktown, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful Kayak Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband talked me into a kayak tour (I was skeptical) but it turned out to be great fun and a real adventure! TJ is an amazing teacher and a real pro at this sport. He sensed my fear and was very patient and assuring to the point that I felt very confident during the tour. I would recommend this company to anyone! It was an afternoon to remember! Thank you TJ! I may not give up my canoe, but I will surely go sea kayaking again!

1 Thank Suzyqdegs

Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of my summer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have spent this whole summer in Tofino. It has been my home away from home since before I can remember. I went on a guided kayak tour with TJ and on this trip I was able to see the beauty of Clayoquot Sound in a way I had never seen before. When we departed it was still sunny and by the time we returned we had watched a spectacular sunset and crossed the dark harbour to return to the dock. I can honestly say that this was the highlight of my summer and one of the most wonderful experiences I have ever had in Tofino. TJ was an excellent guide, he shared interesting stories and facts, and had a great knowledge of the waters.

1 Thank Chesa A
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Amazing kayak company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our guides, led by Arne, were knowledgeable, patient and friendly. We had an 11 year old with no experience when was not keen on the idea. By the end, his big complaint was that it was too short. This is a great way to spend the day.

Essen, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“fun trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We really enjoyed our kayak trip with Thorsten and Arne. The flyer was already very cool and the trip was, too. Thorsten´s instructions before the trip were very funny. The equipment was great and our guides gave great explenations to everything we saw. Thorsten for example explianed everything about the sea star he found. On the island where we had a hike through the rain forest Arne told us a lot of very interesting details. With the achieved knowledge we hiked through the rain forest with a lot more understanding for the rest of our trip.
We can highly recommand this experience.

Midland, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“TJ and Team ROCK!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

my husband and I had NEVER kayaked together - and only briefly individually. I was sure we would capsize or kill one another. NEITHER!! TJ gives great instruction so even if you have never kayaked you will have a great time!! He is very educated about the area and goes out of his way to share information. This is the perfect way to site see around the island - eagles, otters, other birds, amazing trees - perfect for couples, families or someone on their own!!

1 Thank gheathington