“Great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tofino
Adventure Tofino B&B
Ranked #7 of 41 Tofino B&B and Inns
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Adventure Tofino for 1 night without making a booking in advance.When we arrived we just drove around Tofino and choose this place because it looked very nice and clean from outside.Not to forget mention great view!Owners Jens and Miriam were helpful,friendly and recommened us a lot of beautiful spots to see.Room was clean,cozy and we enjoyed perfect breakfast in the morning.Simple but with 5*service and atmosphere.Zuzana&Matej

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

On our second trip to Tofino last summer, we decided to stay in a few different places to see more of the area. I'm looking at booking another trip to Tofino again this year so I decided to share my experiences of our last trip now, for others' benefit.

We spent our first 2 nights in this B&B. Our 3rd & 4th night was in the Long Beach Lodge & our final night was in the red crow inn (B&B). Previously I have also stayed in Pacific Sands.

Our stay in this B&B was only ok so I am surprised by the majority of the other positive reviews. Check in wasn't great - we entered the front door but no one came down to greet us although I could hear voices upstairs. After calling up twice I phoned the listed number and a nice lady came down who was friendly, she instructed another young lady to show us to our rooms and this is the person we had the most contact with and whom I found to be very cold and rude (brunette, I can't remember her name but her job seemed to be to welcome/check in guests and clean). The 1st lady (Alex, I believe -possibly one of the owners, blonde) made breakfast both mornings and that was very nice. I did observe that German guests were spoken to more and in my opinion made feel more welcome than the other guests (in particular I noted that two other guests - also 2 women, same as me and my partner - were practically ignored over a German family and another German couple (male & female). Perhaps it is a language barrier but the owners/employees all did speak English so I was a bit surprised they did not make as much of an effort with all guests. We did meet Jens once at our final morning during breakfast when we checked out and I suspect the positive reviewers had a lot more contact with him and he helped them enjoy their stay by giving advice about the area etc. I can't comment much on this as we only talked to him briefly once and that was to settle the bill. He did have no problem with us leaving our bags in the locked bedroom while we wandered around Tofino that day. However, lady 2 struck again and as I was trying to leave our bags in our room later that morning, after check out, she told me we couldn't leave them there as she needed to clean the room. So I left them in the communal kitchen/dining area for the morning. When we returned in the afternoon, I was opening my bag to put on a warmer jumper and she got very impatient with us and told me we "had to leave." As an aside, there were no other guests in the B&B at this time and it was only approx 1pm. I found this to be rude and not customer service oriented at all. I simply would not go back again because of this.

We also tried to book a tour via the B&B a good few weeks in advance but Jens (via email at that stage) would not confirm the tour. Only 4 days before our trip he still would not confirm the tour as he hadn't gotten enough people booked into it at that stage. Given that this was the busy summer months I was keen to guarantee our places on tours so I ended booking with another operator with no problems whatsoever and in fact it worked out cheaper. I would recommend booking your tour with the more mainstream local operators that are better equipped for larger tours and better known-that's their primary business.

Finally, the accommodation itself is very basic. It felt more like a well kept hostel than a B&B. The house was cold and dark, and there was a bedside note about the heating and lights going off after certain times! One night, not too late, maybe 11.30pm I couldn't turn the kitchen light on and the power to outlets had been deactivated! All I wanted was a cup of tea! The bedroom itself was functional but cold and looked out into a plain, muddy back garden and shed. Our bathroom was meant to have heating/heated tiles but they weren't working at the time.

The breakfast area did have a lovely view of the harbour and the location was very good - a short walk into the main town area. But it was definitely overpriced and you can stay in much nicer places than this in Tofino for the price.

Final word - stay here only if everything else is booked out. And enjoy Tofino, it is a beautiful place!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TravelLover21stC
AdventureTofino, Owner at Adventure Tofino B&B, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Guest,
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always like to get feedback so that we know what our guests like about us and what we need to improve. It was very upsetting for me to hear that you did not have a good stay with us and i apologize for everything which was not to your satisfaction.

Unfortunately it is difficult for me to amplify on your complaints after such a long time and I would have very much appreciated an earlier and direct conversation with you by the time you were here to know about how you have experienced your stay.

What you have mentioned with the lights and the floor heating I do not really know what might have caused this problem. We never turn off the electricity at night or at any time . The information sheet in your room was saying that the central heating system in the house is switched off during night time for a quiet sleep and to have a moderate temperature in the rooms. If the guest like to have it warmer at night we have personal heaters in the closets.

The floor heating is a new feature that we added 2 years ago when we renovated all our bathrooms and since than i was never aware that it was out of order. We do have quite a few power outages in town which could be the explaination.

Us here at Adventure Tofino love making all our Guest happy and we want everybody to have the best trip of their lives, not only the best stay with us but the holiday they will talk about for years.
Again I am sorry that you did not have a great stay and that you didn't get to enjoy our wildlife tour. I would be happy if you would contact me the next time you are in Tofino so that we can try to figure out a way to compensate for your discomfort.
Kind regards
Jens Kalwa
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed for two nights and had a wonderful time. The room, common area and location were all very good. Breakfast was rich and delicious. The best part was the bear watching and whale watching trips, which were amazing!!

• Stayed October 2013
Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We wanted midrange lodgings in Tofino. Adventure Tofino fit the bill plus more. Super friendly owners, lovely room, wonderful breakfasts, great info on local restaurants & things to do, & they even run several tours. The whale watching trip was a real treat with plenty to see.

Room Tip: We had the upstairs king ste which had a beautiful view. Only drawback is that there are narrow sta...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of September and were made most welcome. The room was excellent as was the guest area that was extensive with the kitchen area making it easy to meet and talk to other guests.
The breakfast were super and we thoroughly enjoyed our time here, apart from the weather, but in fairness we knew it would be changeable at this time of the year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheshire Uk
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Thank You to all the staff. We stayed for 2 nights and was very happy with all aspects of our visit. Breakfast very good, room clean and fresh, bed comfortable and to top it off the bear watch lead by Jens was fantastic. Highly recomended

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Thank you Jens, Miriam and staff!! We stayed for two nights and did the bear watching tour...Excellent! Breakfast was lovely and generous, thanks girls! Your home was clean and welcoming and the location was perfect for our little getaway. The bear tour was amazing, very accommodating to us as your guests. We appreciate you working so hard to make our stay fantastic and we look forward to staying with you again :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank Darren and Rond... T