“Good food but small tacos”
Review of Tacofino Cantina

Tacofino Cantina
Ranked #2 of 57 Restaurants in Tofino
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: located in a bright orange catering truck at the back of parking lot complex. GREAT food. must be listed on here.,
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had the beef tacos and a kimchi side. There was only one taco per order and the kimchi side was about 2 ounces, so I was still hungry after I ate. The taco and the kimchi were very good. Other customers ordered burritos and they looked a lot bigger, as if one would be satisfying.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,851)

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The fish was perfectly cooked and delicious. I only wish we stopped here on our first day opposed to our last so we could have visited more than once.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Many times, these things never live up to the legends that precede them, but Tacofino was every bit as good as it's advance billing.

The Tuna TaTaco was, by far, the best thing we tried.

Only thing I'll change next time is to grab more napkins and to double the order.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We decided to try this Tofino location our last day there. We were the only people in line and ordered two burritos. A group twenty-somethings (who obviously knew the owners) showed up, ordered after us but were served before us. I thought this rudeness bordered on the spectacular.

We found the food very average and certainly not worth the gushing we've seen here or on other sites. The only seasoning we could ascertain was salt and the meat was tough and barely edible. A very bland offering, to say the least.

The day before we had gone to the Wildside Grill and had delicious fish and pork tacos. The Tacofino people could use a lesson from their close neighbours.

3  Thank Dennis T
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I don't know about any of the other menu items because I love the fish tacos so much that I order them every time. They are amazing. For $10 you have two fish tacos and are full!