“Awesome!”

Tacofino Cantina
Ranked #3 of 52 Restaurants in Tofino
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: located in a bright orange catering truck at the back of parking lot complex. GREAT food. must be listed on here.,
Penticton, Canada
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Great fish tacos and burritos... Had to have it two days in a row!

Don't be worried about a long line... the guys move quick and it's worth the wait! I think I could eat from Tacofino every day.

Visited November 2012

Port Alberni, Canada
“When you need a Mexican fix.......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We spend our winters in Mexico and somehow became addicted to their cuisine!
Summer months are at our home on Vancouver Island and make at least two trips to the west coast. Stop number one.... Tacofino Yum!

• Visited October 2012
Whitehorse, Canada
“simple and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

We came to Tofino with the intention of coming to Tacofino. When we arrived on Sunday, we found out that they would be closing in a few days for the season, so the menu was limited, as they were not restocking items. The first day, I had the fish taco...AMAZING. My husband had the tortilla soup, which transported him back to Mexico with every bite. The next day we came back for lunch, which was a good thing, as this was now their last day. I had the pork kimchi gringa. I never would have tried this normally, but as it was pretty much all that was available, I had no choice. I am glad for this! They make the kimchi in house and it is now my new favorite taco! The prices are good, the quality of food and flavour is outstanding and the staff are friendly and fun. I hope the Mayans are indeed wrong and that we see you in 2013!

• Visited November 2012
Canada
“Pretty good food....have to search it out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Tracked this place down after seeing onTA.
All and all food is quite good (I had chicken burrito) but it is essentially a take out joint and slightly more expensive than you would expect for take away burrito with no sides. Burrito is 10$ plus tip. Price may be a reflection of cost of getting goods to the west coast of the island.

Wisconsin
“Do not miss it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We learned about this place from the Canadian immigration agent when we crossed into Canada. She described the tacos as "world famous," and in truth, they are delicious.
Good as they are, don't miss the chocolate cookie! It has ginger, chile, and salt. My husband is a bit timid, so he did not want one, but ended up eating most of mine. Delicious!

Visited November 2012