“Lochie was wonderful!”

Tofino Fish Guides - Private Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Tofino’s premier sportfishing outfitter offers premium saltwater charters and unique freshwater fishing experiences with a focus on providing exemplary service. We take pride in operating luxury vessels and high quality fishing equipment. Whether you are an experienced angler or just want to give fishing a try, we will ensure that your charter is customized to meet your needs. TofinoFishGuides support salmon enhancement and habitat protection.
San Jose, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Lochie was wonderful!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We booked with Lochie after reading through the reviews here on tripadvisor and I'm so glad we did! This was my first fishing experience, and my sons were also novice so it was important to me that we had someone that was patient and extrememly knowledgable. The 3 of us only booked 6 hours and I wish we would have booked another day. Lochie was patient, informative a great fisherman and we felt like we were in the best of hands. My son caught a huge halibut and we also succeeded in catching a few salmon and bass, the big king's were hiding that morning from everyone but it surely wasn't because of Lochie's lack of effort and trolling, he was the best and he made the most of our day.
I would highly recommend Tofino Fish Guides... thanks Lochie for a great time!

Dryden, Canada
“Great time on the Pacific”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Took a short family trip in early June to do some halibut and salmon fishing in Tofino. Lochie took care of us and was a wealth of experience and information. We still have not even made a dent into the fish that we caught over the two half days of fishing.

Visited June 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Just amazing”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went to Tofino this weekend and did the full day trip with Lochie and it was just incredible, he was attentive to what we wanted to do, informative and all around knowledgeable we just slayed it out there caught 2 springs above 25 lbs a bunch of coho and a few Halibut one was easily over 30 pounds we are planning to go back next year and will %100 go with Lochie. I can honestly say this was the best fishing I had done in years!

Huntington Beach, California
“Lochie is an amazing captain, tour guide and fisherman”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had the pleasure of taking a couple of different trips with Lochie. The first was with my son and I and was strictly fishing. We killed it out there, Chinook's, Coho's and a couple of large Halibut trolling! He is an amazing figherman, with thorough knowledge of where to go and how to lure these large fish. The second trip was with my family and was designed more towards them, with less fishing in miind. Mother nature didn't cooperate so well that day, with high winds and swell, but Lochie still made the best of it for us. We caught a Chinook, and then managed to get very close to a gray whale that breached close to our boat! We closed the day pulling up a crab trap that was loaded with Dungeoness crabs. The kids really enjoyed this last stop on our tour. I would reccomend Lochie to anyone that might be going up to Tofino (which is an awesome place by the way!)

Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome day with Tofino Fish Guides”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had an amazing day with Lochie and Tofino fish guides. I saw the most action I've ever seen in the span of only a few hours, and I would consider myself a relatively experienced fisherman.

We had at least a dozen fish in the boat and everyone caught their limit. One was a massive Tyee king salmon at least 25 lbs, and we even hooked into some halibut when we weren't even targeting them.

Lochie clearly has a ton of experience. In addition to constantly working our lines he was also in constant communication with a number of other guides to get the best beta on where the fish were. I also had a number of nerdy fisherman questions about salmon biology and fresh-water fishing which he was extremely knowledgeable in and happy to answer.

If you spend anytime in Tofino go fishing and go with Lochie.

Tom

ps. his boat (a grady white) is also very comfy