“Just amazing”

Tofino Fish Guides - Private Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Tofino’s premier sportfishing outfitter offers premium saltwater charters and unique freshwater fishing experiences with a focus on providing exemplary service. We take pride in operating luxury vessels and high quality fishing equipment. Whether you are an experienced angler or just want to give fishing a try, we will ensure that your charter is customized to meet your needs. TofinoFishGuides support salmon enhancement and habitat protection.
Vancouver, Canada
“Just amazing”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went to Tofino this weekend and did the full day trip with Lochie and it was just incredible, he was attentive to what we wanted to do, informative and all around knowledgeable we just slayed it out there caught 2 springs above 25 lbs a bunch of coho and a few Halibut one was easily over 30 pounds we are planning to go back next year and will %100 go with Lochie. I can honestly say this was the best fishing I had done in years!

Huntington Beach, California
“Lochie is an amazing captain, tour guide and fisherman”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had the pleasure of taking a couple of different trips with Lochie. The first was with my son and I and was strictly fishing. We killed it out there, Chinook's, Coho's and a couple of large Halibut trolling! He is an amazing figherman, with thorough knowledge of where to go and how to lure these large fish. The second trip was with my family and was designed more towards them, with less fishing in miind. Mother nature didn't cooperate so well that day, with high winds and swell, but Lochie still made the best of it for us. We caught a Chinook, and then managed to get very close to a gray whale that breached close to our boat! We closed the day pulling up a crab trap that was loaded with Dungeoness crabs. The kids really enjoyed this last stop on our tour. I would reccomend Lochie to anyone that might be going up to Tofino (which is an awesome place by the way!)

Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome day with Tofino Fish Guides”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had an amazing day with Lochie and Tofino fish guides. I saw the most action I've ever seen in the span of only a few hours, and I would consider myself a relatively experienced fisherman.

We had at least a dozen fish in the boat and everyone caught their limit. One was a massive Tyee king salmon at least 25 lbs, and we even hooked into some halibut when we weren't even targeting them.

Lochie clearly has a ton of experience. In addition to constantly working our lines he was also in constant communication with a number of other guides to get the best beta on where the fish were. I also had a number of nerdy fisherman questions about salmon biology and fresh-water fishing which he was extremely knowledgeable in and happy to answer.

If you spend anytime in Tofino go fishing and go with Lochie.

Tom

ps. his boat (a grady white) is also very comfy

Visited July 2013
“Whale sightings not included”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My family and I had an amazing time with Lochie. He was very friendly and knowledgable and created a unforgettable day for us. It was a bit of a slow start, but Lochie was diligent in switching up gear, depth and location and once the salmon started biting they would not stop!
One highlight (besides catching a tonne of fish on a sunny day) was seeing a pair of humpbacks surface nearby. My cousin who had never seen a whale, was awed.
I would highly recommend Lochie and Tofino fish guides for anyone looking for a professional, knowledgable and fun trip on the water.

Jennifer Rogers

Visited June 2013
TofinoFishGuides, Owner at Tofino Fish Guides - Private Charters, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Hi Jen, Thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. That was quite an extraordinary Humpback Whale show we witnessed! Like I always say the best way to whale watch in Tofino is with a fish on the Line. Look forward to having you and your family back on the water next year.

Thanks again. Lochie, Head guide/Owner
Arlington, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hold On”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Lochie took my husband and I out for our 15th anniversary. A swell had come in the day before so the water was rough. Even with the rough water, we had an incredible trip. We were very impressed with his knowledge of the area, fishing and overall wildlife. His boat was first class. Being from a service industry ourselves, we really appreciated him going above and beyond. It is nice to watch someone with a passion for what they do. We would highly recommend him to all.

Visited June 2013