“An amazing and memorable fishing experience”

Tofino Fish Guides - Private Charters
Ranked #2 of 51 Tours in Tofino
More attraction details
Owner description: Tofino’s premier sportfishing outfitter offers premium saltwater charters and unique freshwater fishing experiences with a focus on providing exemplary service. We take pride in operating luxury vessels and high quality fishing equipment. Whether you are an experienced angler or just want to give fishing a try, we will ensure that your charter is customized to meet your needs. TofinoFishGuides support salmon enhancement and habitat protection.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Lochie took us out fishing in late August 2012 and it was a very memorable charter trip. My husband and I haven't done much fishing, but Lochie made it a very user friendly experience and he was never phased by our inexperience. We were extremely impressed with his knowledge of the area - not only the prime fishing spots (and he certainly seemed to know where all the fish were hanging out!), but also environmental and social issues affecting the local fisheries. He was able to answer all of our questions in an informed and thoughtful way. The boat is excellent and very well equipped. Lochie also helped us to clean our catch, providing full service from the start to end of our adventure. It was an amazing experience and we have shared our fishing tale (including our impressive salmon and halibut haul) with friends and family - but ultimately it was Lochie who did all the heavy lifting! So thanks for that Lochie. If you are looking for a memorable fishing experience, we can highly recommend Lochie and his charter boat, whatever your level of fishing experience.

1  Thank Selina L
in 12 reviews
"boat"
in 62 reviews

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I have been fishing with Lochie twice now and have thoroughly enjoyed both times. First time was definately more trying for Lochie as we had 3 young men with us as well, but Lochie was very patient and professional , came home with our limit of halibut on that trip :)......second time was alot more relaxing as this time it was just my husband and I, and yet again Lochie was able to use his knowledge of the waters and guiding experience to allow us to once again not only enjoy our experience but bring home our limit of both salmon and halibut :)))......Great fun !, Super experience for anyone !!!! ----- Don and Rita

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My two sons and I fished two days with local guide, owner/operator Lochie MaKenzie. This is a first class operation. Easily the cleanest charter boat I've ever been on. Lochie provides first class gear, has great local knowledge. He works hard all day to ensure maximum results.

I can't say enough positive other than I highly recommend this charter and plan to return.

Thanks Lochie!

Murray, Joe & Drew.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Tofinofishingguides (lochie mackenzie) is an experienced guide who knows how to combine all factors to get your catch. He knew how to combine the time of day, lures, currents, weather, and type of fish to get us our fish. His boat is new, comfortable, clean, and fast! This all makes for a fun and comfortable day. Having fished with guides for over 20 years, I highly recommend Tofinofishingguides as a professional and well run service.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Two years in a row we went out with Lochie to try our luck at fishing. No luck needed when you are with Lochie. He is an excellent guide who knows how to encourage rookies like us. His top notch boat and fishing gear along with his amazing ability to know the right tackle, depth, locations, etc. has made for two great fishing expeditions. Our freezer is full of wild salmon and halibut, which we will be enjoying until next year. Thanks, Lochie for being a super guide!

2  Thank Fell0w_Traveler