“Liked the vibe”

Ranked #2 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Tofino
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We liked the atmosphere here--booth and table seating--and a nice patio outside (but it was raining when we visited). My husband and I had our usual large lattes. I drink decaf and when I said I liked "strong" the server said they could do that. What I didn't know was I being charged extra. The lattes were really good on our first visit and the service was too. We were a little surprised by the extra charge and the large was smaller that we'd experienced on other parts of the Island. We had a second visit the following day--different server, same good service but the latte wasn't quite as tasty. Another positive feature is they stay open a little later than many places.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Awesome coffee -- we went here each morning for Americanos and/or coffee. Had a breakfast wrap one morning -- HUGE and delicious!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Tofino is at the very end of BC Highway 4. It is an arduous drive over the mountains of Vancouver Island; this is not an easy place to get to. But get there I did - apparently before the rest of the village had woken up.

There, at the first main intersection when you come in to Tofino, sits Tuff Beans, a bright little coffee shop, all yellow and cheerful with an interesting patio in front and plenty of seating. There are a few roomy booths with big windows, though the interior is not huge.

I had the Tuff Breakfast: your basic bacon and eggs, toast and coffee. And I got it just as I wanted it. Nothing complicated, just straight ahead, simple goodness. You can't go wrong with that.

Soon the place began to fill up. I suspect it was not just because it seemed to be the only place in town that was open. It attracts a clientele because they're doing things right. They've picked a simple, limited menu and just stuck to doing those things well. It works. Go there.

1  Thank Exit52
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Love their breakfast & coffee. Be prepared for a line-up and limited indoor seating (the patio is where it's at anyways). Worth the wait in line- food comes out quickly and is consistently very good. Plus they're licensed, which is nice for a cafe (booze in your coffee!)

1  Thank ElBut
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Food value is above average for Tofino. I've lived on this for 35 years and have visited Tofino countless times. The city is overpriced if you compare it to a major metropolis but incase you slept through that drive in, it is not an easy journey, especially if you are a shipping truck. So price to value comparisons are mute. Food good, coffee good, service good. Been there several times, this time however we saw 1 woman sit in a booth for 4 using the free wifi sipping 1 tea for over 90mins (still there when we left) ignoring the steady stream of people coming in for Sunday am coffee and food. I don't know how the staff handle the stream of entitled tourists with their flakey oblivious attitude and help keep the people who run that town fed and fueled. A big hand to the staff, keep up the great work!