Me and my fiancée use living social coupon and stayed in cox bay may 25th and 26th and surf for the whole weekends.
1) location is the best if you want to surf! It's my second time to stay in cox bay and second time to take surfing lesson with different company and they all chose cox bay. It is one of the two most popular spot on the island for surfing and hotel has very easy access to the beach.
2) Excellent service! I book very early and the staff was willing to switch my date to a more expensive date for me due to living social's coupon date limitation. And after we left, they called us right away for something we left in the room and after communication, they fedex to us within an hour and send us an email to follow up! We truly feel that the hotel staff tried all they can to make our stay enjoyable!
3) excellent hotel inside out! First time here we stayed in a loft on second floor and this time we stayed in one bedroom suite on first floor. Room size and decor are both nice and even though we can hear some heavy walker couple times during our stay, it only last few seconds and it doesn't bother us at all. We knew they dont have resturant so we prepared our meal in their fully equipped kitchen and had lunch at Tacofino which is just 5 min drive away!
4) hotel facility which includes hot tub, gym, game room and surf
board lockers. That's all we need! Lots of guests just like us, rinse the wetsuit outside of the locker and jump into hot tub right after! Who would need a swimming pool if the ocean is right there?!
5) we were so tired from surfing the third day so we drove in town to ALL the hotels on pacific rim highway since we are coming back to tofino again in July. However, none of them is nearly as good as cox bay. We didn't walk inside, but just from looking at the buildings and their parking lot and the beach, cox bay offers the most!
Cons: no restaurants nor just a small cafe. It did effect us the first time visit since we have no prepare but it doesn't bother us at all the second time. If a restaurant demand too much space then a tiny cafe spot that offer some snacks might help some unprepared guests.
Thank u for the wonderful stay and whoever that's working that weekends. (Didn't catch the names)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Cox Bay Beach Resort, where the West Coast of Vancouver Island meets the full might of the Pacific Ocean, nature envelops you in a spiritual way. Powerful winter storms inspire awe while summer calm instills a sense of peace and tranquility. Cox Bay Beach Resort offers forty West Coast decor one and two-bedroom beach house suites. The resort also boasts a well-appointed common-use fitness centre, sauna, outdoor hot tub overlooking the beach, a wi-fi-enabled lounge with an expansive stone fireplace, and an elevated look-out pavilion where guests can sit, read and enjoy the unrivaled views of Cox Bay Beach. Nestled next to Pacific Rim National Park and situated within Clayoquot Sound, only a seven minute drive to the world-famous village of Tofino, Cox Bay Beach Resort provides easy access for exploring all the magnificence this World Heritage site has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Cox Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cox Bay Beach Hotel Tofino