“Home away from Home!”

Ranked #1 of 42 Tofino B&B and Inns
Mississauga, Canada
“Home away from Home!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My sister and I spent 5 days in Tofino and I could not have imagined a better host. We instantly felt at home. Joe was an extremely friendly and welcoming host. He booked the hotsprings and surfing for us, and made excellent suggestions for local restaurants and things to see. The fresh bread every morning was awesome and definitely the cherry on top of the experience. I would stay with Joe again in a second next time I visit Tofino.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Went to Van Island for a couple of days to see what it had to offer and spent two nights in Tofino at the Trek Inn. Joe is a brilliant host who makes you feel right at home the second you step through the door!
We had a private room which was pretty basic but felt cosy and well maintained.
The hostel is clean and has a nice aurora about it. (breakfast and wi-fi come in the price) we had the place to ourselves more or less and it was very reasonably priced. If you're heading to Tofino head here, you will not be disappointed!

We were pretty sad that we left our pack lunches on the side and left without them, I hope they went to a good cause Joe haha. We will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2012

After extensive research, my boyfriend and I decided to book a three night stay in the Driftwood room at the Tofino Trek Inn. From an online perspective, the location seemed desirable and the price was definitely right at $95.00/night. After arriving in Tofino and grabbing sushi at Tough City, we checked in and met Joe, the most wonderful host we could have asked for! Joe showed us our room and then kindly sat down with us and mapped out our short three days in Tofino to ensure we made the most of it. He gave us recommendations on everything from tour providers and excursions (trip to Hot Springs Cove), to restaurants (such as the fish tacos at Tacofino -- a must!) and surf schools (Bruhwhiler). Each morning we sat down to delicious fresh baked bread, jams, peanut butter and coffee/tea. It was also a great opportunity to meet other groups/couples from across the globe that were staying at the inn. Joe would also take this time to make sure our day was set (booking reservations, marking out trails, etc). Our stay here was unforgettable. The inn was clean and had all the essentials. The bathroom on the main floor is especially spacious and emits a coastal-vibe. There is a quiet living room-type area to read or catch-up on the day's events. My boyfriend and I enjoyed a pint of Tuff Session Ale from Tofino Brewery on the inn's veranda before heading to dinner each night (at our favourite local establishment, Shelter -- at Joe's suggestion of course), which overlooks the harbour and offers a beautiful view of the sunset. I cannot say enough positive things about our experience at Tofino Trek and the town of Tofino in general. When it came time to check out, we asked Joe if our room was available for another two nights (we weren't quite ready to leave). Unfortunately it wasn't -- to no surprise -- but we did decide to splurge and stay at the beautiful Long Beach Lodge for our final two nights of our West Coast trip (instead of heading to Vancouver as originally planned). As beautiful as Long Beach Lodge was, I would have been just as content at Tofino Trek Inn -- a true gem on Vancouver Island. I highly recommend this budget B&B to any group or couple (young or old) looking for a rustic and rejuvenating getaway. Joe's knowledge of the area and kind disposition adds a special touch to this inn. We could not have asked for a better stay!

Room Tip: The Driftwood room is particularly desirable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Room is clean.
We can use kitchen and eat breakfirst.
And orner is sooooo kind!
He was thinking best way of spend for me.
Tofino is good place to visit and sunset.
You should go and stay here.
Thank you so much!
I will be buck:-)

• Stayed November 2011
Hamburg
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Everything was just right: we had (unfortunately only) two wonderful days in the Trek Inn in Tofino. We took almost every tip our friendly host Joe gave us and saw nice beaches, made a beautiful hike, had great food and at last the highlight: a perfect first surf lesson!
And in the evenings and in the mornings we had such a nice time in the kitchen chatting with Joe and the other guests!
Thank you Joe for this really good time! Hope to see you again soon!
Alexander and Silke from Hamburg, Germany

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I can highly recommend this hostel! I stayed at Tofino Trek Inn for two nights. These were the best two nights I spent on my entire trip in Vancouver Island! The host, Joe, creates a very sociable and cozy atmosphere in the hostel, and he is so helpful providing you with all the information you need about tours, sights, costs, etc. The rooms and wash rooms are very clean. The breakfast is unforgettable :)
This is also the ideal place for solo travellers (as myself) since you meet other cool people staying at the hostel while sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast or hanging out in the living room.
I found it very hard to leave Tofino Trek Inn and hope I get the chance to go back sometime!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We came for the long weekend of Thanks Giving and our stay in Tofino Trek Inn was awesome !
At first, we had a car problem and so we were by foot most of the time. It was no longer a problem thanks to Joe (the owner) who helped us some much by adapting our plans, calling the hot springs company for a reservation and so much more ! We really apreciated his kindness and generosity.

Also, the Inn was beautiful, colorful and very clean. We took the Cedar Room which was very confortable and gave us an excellent rest. The breakfast was very healty and yummy.
We would love to come back to Tofino and be Joe's guests again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo