“definitely would stay there again”
Review of Tofino Trek Inn

Tofino Trek Inn
Ranked #1 of 41 Tofino B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 30, 2012

the tofino trek inn was a really nice place to stay, very central in tofino, you can easily walk to places but of course you still have to bring a car if you want to have a look at the nationalpark.
The resort was very clean and the owner was extremely friendly and helpful. I was very positively surprised that without us even having to ask, he right away handed us a map and showed us places where to go, made phone calls for things we wanted to book etc.
I will definitely stay in this resort again next time I go to Tofino.

Room Tip: if you want a room for two, you should definitely book some weeks ahead
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 28, 2012

From the moment we arrived we were greeted by Joe who gave us a tour of the place and took out a map to show us what restaurants, grocery stores, and main attractions were close by. The place has a cosy friendly feel and has common rooms of the livingroom, kitchen, and a computer for anyone to use with internet connection. I stayed for two days but I wish I had stayed longer because this was my favourite part about my trip to Vancouver. I had already booked my a whale tour and surf lesson but soon learned how much Joe goes out of his way to help his guests...booking their tours and helping them out. I had booked a surf lesson and realized it may be harder to get to the beach the lesson was at since I didnt have a car. When Joe found out he offered to give my friend and I a ride if we were not able to find one with other people in our lesson. The breakfast was delicious with fruit, tea, coffee and fresh bread (with jam/butter/peanut butter). There is a kitchen where you can cook your food if your on a budget. I liked how easy it was to meet and catch up with fellow travellers in the kitchen. I plan on going back to Trek Inn and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed merrily 4days in tofino trek inn. Room and restroom is very clean and breakfast is so nice to me. Jeo give a nice explains about tofino, which place is nice to go and eat. he is so kind and have a good heart.
In the moring we ate breakfast together with people who stay the tofino trek inn from many place.
and it was so good experience. I really want to tofino trek inn once again.

Room Tip: Pasta, spaghetti source are in the kitchen.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seung_h00n
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Only stayed here for 3 days in mid August and was very sad when I had to leave. Situated in the heart of Tofino its the perfect place to stay. Joe makes you automatically feel at home, and is very helpful in whatever your need is. The fresh bread in the morning is amazing, and lots of tea and coffee. The rooms are cozy and comfortable as well. And free wifi and computer downstairs if you need it. I will definitely stay here again, and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2012

If your staying in Tofino you will not find a cozier , friendlier place to stay . The location is down near the waterfront and the veranda faces a spectacular view of the harbour . What makes the Trek inn has to be Joe . Joe goes out of his way to help you find the perfect beach or phones around and books tours for you , sometimes at a discount rate . he takes the work out of it and has all the contacts . Joe is the Trek inn and I wouldnt stay anywhere else now .
George & Hilary

Room Tip: The Driftwood room is the room with the view of the harbour . It is on main floor and very central a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I slept for three nigths in the Tofino Trek Inn and my time in Tofino was awsome. The Tofino Trek Inn is the best Hostel I ever stay. The breakfast was excellent, Joe has very good Tips and the accommodation was very clean.
It felt like home and I will come back

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I arrived on my own in Tofino in mid June this year and turned up unannounced on Joe's door at the Tofino Trek Inn. There were no beds left in the dorm style rooms, but as Joe (the host) understood I was on a tight budget, he offered me a private for my first night at a discounted rate. Not only did he not turn me away, he took into account my situation, accommodated me and did not ask me to lock in for further nights. There was no pushiness about his nature.
As more guests arrived that afternoon, Joe had to explain that he was maxed out and began ringing around to different hostels in Tofino (on behalf of these guests) to find out if they had room for the people he was turning away. Other hostels were apparently quiet and empty. I could see why the Inn wasn't, considering the way I had been helped and treated in the first 5 minutes.

Upon my arrival I was unsure as to how long I would be staying in the area, and whether I wanted to partake in the job seeker package Joe offers. Regardless, Joe helped me navigate myself across town, gave me a background on the different potential places for employment, what working conditions and employers were like etc. He also offered to ring around, and offered the house phone for me to make local calls and receive calls from employers. Furthermore, after I changed my mind multiple times about how long I was staying, Joe did not apply any pressure or charge any extra for his job seeking efforts, only offered a consistently unbiased and supportive opinion. Clearly this guy goes above and beyond.

I have never felt so welcome, at home and comfortable in another hostel/ B&B. The house is super clean, friendly, breakfast was delicious and nutritious every morning and there was always good conversation to be had.

Honestly, if this is the type of accommodation you're after in Tofino, there IS no other place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo