“A slice of paradise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tofino
Gull Cottage Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 42 Tofino B&B and Inns
Caledon, Canada
“A slice of paradise”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I just came back from a trip to Vancouver Island and stayed at Gull Cottage during the Tofino part of my visit. I couldn't imagine a better experience. The rooms were spacious and clean, with really comfortable beds (I am very picky about mattresses and bedding!). There were great common areas to use with a fridge and eating area in the upstairs and a living room and family room downstairs open to guests. Robin and Duncan, the proprietors, thought of everything to make our stay relaxing and enjoyable: a nice fireplace and stereo in the living room with all kinds of reading materials, extra toiletries available upstairs if you needed them, and tons of helpful suggestions on where to go and how to book reservations. One of my favourite activities was walking up and down Chesterman Beach in the morning or late afternoon. I had no idea how beautiful Tofino is. The B & B is just steps away from the beach and it offered so much beauty--from the iconic Wickanninish Beach at one end to the view of the lighthouse and open water at the other. For me what sets Gull Cottage apart, though, is the unbelievable breakfast. As a former cook and restaurant owner, I am never very satisfied when I eat out, but the three breakfasts I had at Gull Cottage were outstanding--lemon and riccotta pancakes, an amazing muesli, sectioned grapefruit and orange with freshly-grated ginger, . . . I could go on. Unbelievably good. Definitely the place to stay in Tofino!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Reviewed June 15, 2011

The reception by Robin was excellent.
The house is perfectly located, just on the other side of the street and there is a path that goes directly to the ocean (3 minutes walk). Our room was clean and quiet.
Breakfasts were good and nourishing, different every morning.
We felt like being at home, with cleaning and cooking services.

Room Tip: We used a separate and dedicated bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Port Angeles, Washington
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The Gull Cottage has three beautifully appointed rooms at reasonable rates. The house itself sits in a lush clearing in the northwest rainforest, and Duncan and Robin have created a warm, inviting environment.

The location couldn't be better---within a hundred yards of Chesterman Beach, perhaps the most beautiful, picturesque strand in the area, with attractions such as a carving shed specializing in northwest Indian art and a well-preserved rainforest trail.

The Gull Cottage is a five-minute drive from downtown Tofino, a classic northwest fishing town with superb restaurants and a hospitable population. Duncan's and Ronin's culinary creations provided a great start to the day.

To paraphrase The Terminator, "We'll be back!"

Room Tip: Reserve early!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We love being at Gull Cottage with Robin and Duncan and their sweet Tarka and Bodie. I'm always sorry to leave and begin planning for my next stay. They are perfect hosts and the wine, cheese and crackers that met us on a late arrival began our most pleasurable visit. The spacious Rainforest Room provides everything one needs and the creative delicious breakfast begins the day. I highly recommend staying at Gull Cottage, its the best and all they offer satisfies fully. Its closeness to Chesterman beach is a bonus. If you're planning to visit Tofino definitely consider the best...Gull Cottage

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
gibsons
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Easy to find beautiful bed and breakfast. Quiet setting so any of the four rooms would be great to stay in. We felt like family with the wonderful hosts, Duncan and Robin. We love the family pets also.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Gull Cottage is beautiful cottage, specificly designed for a B&B function. I has large bedrooms and washrooms, a library, sitting room and dining room for guests, all immaculately maintained. The cottage is situated in a lovely setting, just across the road from the fabulous Cheaterman Beach where we spent a lot of time. We also easily walked into town and back from Gull Cottage.

Besides the wonderful ammenities, we enjoyed being hosted by Robin and Duncan who provided cheerful service and interesting conversations. Duncan is famous for his gourmet breakfasts.

You have to see Robin's extensive collection of folk art, each with its own interesting story.

Staying at Gull Cottage is a wonderful, unigue experience. We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: The Rainforest Room is the best but all are nice.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Bragg Creek, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I travel extensively, and stay at a wide variety of hotel, motel, and B&B's across Canada. I found Gull Cottage set the bench mark for all the others. Great value, sparkling clean, with knowledgeable and helpful hosts who always made you feel right at home. I would not hesitate to stay here again and would recommend this B&B not only to my colleagues, but to friends and family. If you are staying in Tofino, stay here. You won't regret your choice.
JG