Bedwell Place Guest House
Best Western Tin Wis Resort(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$263
$210
BestWestern.com
$223
$216
$224
Hotels.com
Middle Beach Lodge(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$254
$235
  • Breakfast included
House of Himwitsa(Tofino)(Great Value!)
$262
$99
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I admit I'm not sure if this is a motel, or a B&B. Breakfast is delivered on a tray to your room, and you make your own coffee, with no fresh milk option for those who don't like little packs of cream. It's a perfect breakfast for some - granola, fruit, yogurt and a muffin - but might not be what others expect. And the room was somewhat small to be eating breakfast inside if the weather doesn't cooperate. Bed was comfortable, and everything looked nice and clean.

Just be warned. You are hard on the road, and it gets surprisingly busy after 8am, and the road and power/phone lines do butt in on that otherwise glorious view of water and mountains.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank J G
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Looking for a last minute one night booking in Tofino we were delighted to secure a room at Bedwell Place. A very chatty welcome from Linzi who showed us our room, which was very small and more or less overlooked the street which meant any change of clothes had to done in the bathroom or with the blinds down. Returning late after an outdoor adventure we discovered after a shower (my husband had to tighten and fix the shower head) and a dirty towel hanging behind the bathroom door, that we had no drinking mugs so went to bed with no hot drink. Next morning we collected mugs to find we had no spoons!...and only earl grey or green tea and four small pots of milk in the fridge. Breakfast arrived later than promised. All in all not value for money at $180 per night we expected some attention to detail and a courteous offer of a discount and not the curt "Oh, men! (Referring to her husband who she advised was responsible for all the points we brought up) here's $10 for a cup of tea"

Room Tip: Entered pool critique in error. No delete facility. Sorry
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tepoht1
BedwellPlace, Manager at Bedwell Place Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

In our defence this is a little harsh. I am sorry that you were not happy with a number of things during your stay with us at Bedwell Place. As you mentioned you were delighted to find something available in the high season and we did our utmost to accommodate your needs. One was that you were checking out at your present location and wanted to move into ours almost right away. Check out here is 11.00 a.m. and check in is 3.00 pm. on this day we rushed so that we could allow you to come in as early as possible and your time frame was around 11.00 a.m. This is the reason (but of course no excuse ) a few things were overlooked. The person who cleans the rooms missed the one towel behind the door when she was cleaning the bathroom and also forgot to replace the mugs. The spoons were in the cutlery drawer. The shower head I do apologise we had not had any complaint or mention of this and therefore were not aware there was an issue. I had originally reduced the price of the room by $10 from $190 - $180 when we first talked on the telephone and then again another $10 (a signigicant reduction in total of $20) when you told me about the towel and tea cup. If you were dissatisfied with this offer you made no mention at the time that this was unsatisfactory to you.

Regarding the room , you were well aware that it was a room and not a suite...and where we were situated, which by the way most people are very happy with and appreciate being able to park and walk to everything down town Tofino......yes we are not on a beach but you did know this and I can understand after having stayed in a very quiet location on the water this would be different ....but you did have a place which was afterall very difficult to find in Tofino at that time.

Regarding the comment about men....I am sorry you misunderstood...and this was taken out of context but when you arrived that morning to leave I was not in the room where you were talking with my husabnd I was talking to my daughter outside and my daughter was reading a feminist book by Germain Greer....I responded with Oh men..to her...who was just leaving at the back of the house. It certainly was no inference about my husband. I do apoligise for the oversights regarding towel and cups...

I do hope you enjoy your future travels and I did enjoy meeting you especially the fact that you were from the old country as am I....it was very nice. I hope my chattiness was not burdonsome...I am outgoing and helpful it is my nature along with that sometimes comes my over exuberance....

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I recently spent two nights at Bedwell Place B and B in Tofino. I was very impressed with the location and the view from my suite (the Queen) was exquisite...I awoke both mornings to the view (which I could see from my bed) of a mountain with low clouds around it. So beautiful! Bedwell place is located just minutes from downtown Tofino and Jaimie's Whaling Station where I went on two tours. I also biked to Mackenzie Beach and explored old growth forest there. Bedwell Place is right at the beginning of the biking trail to local beaches like Cox Bay where everyone goes surfing. You often see bikers bike by, in their wet suits, with their surfboard attached to their bike! I didn't get to go surfing this time but will definitely go the next time I stay at Bedwell Place. My hosts, Lindsay and Rob, were warm and welcoming and the breakfast was delicious (definitely the freshest and best breakfast I have had at a hotel). I definitely recommend Bedwell Place B and B!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MsLeopardFrog
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Bedwell Place, and liked our time there.
Tofino is very expensive, but the people at Bedwell helped us get some good deals.
Our suite was clean, and had a great view of the mountains and water, and some snow capped peaks. I really like sitting outside and watching the changing sky. Maybe best part was the trip to the hotsprings, and the walks you can do, get into the old growth forest. Our room was quiet, and the bed was really quite good, and I am fussy about good beds, so this was a nice surprise for me. They serve an okay breakfast, with fresh baked stuff, sort of like a muffin, but different, and good. And fruit salad, seemed made fresh, with yogurt, and granola, and all the usual coffee maker and microwave in the room, and a little fridge. I use a laptop, so the wifi was good...and the Bedwell staff were nice, but not too chatty, so they gave us our space. I almost forgot to mention the hot-tub, which my wife and I used a couple of times, at night, and that was really nice, too. Staring up at the stars!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert1234155004
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Wow, Tofino is amazing one of the most beautiful places I have visited. Where I stayed was lovely, very clean and tastefully decorated just accross the road from the water and beautiful view of Clayoquot Sounds. My bed was very comfortable, I had my own private entrance and the hosts were cheerful and helpful at every turn. The bathroom was spacious and clean with lots of hot water. Breakfast was delivered to my room on time. We were only five minutes to downtown I thoroughly enjoyed our stay of three nights.

Room Tip: we took the Queen suite but we noticed there was also a suite with full kitchen and living area so everything from double room to condo suite....the hot tub was also great
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mexicotraveller54
Tulin B, Manager at Bedwell Place Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your time here with us and in Tofino. Hope to see you again in the future. It was really nice to be able to take the time to chat with you a little....that is something that does not happen now until after the summer time. Take care and enjoy your summer.