“Awesome adventure”

West Coast Aquatic Safaris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tofino! Wild By Nature…Tour Tofino’s wild side with West Coast Aquatic Safaris. Enjoy the West Coast’s premiere wildlife and sightseeing tours aboard our All Weather Boats, WASCO and NANUQ, both Transport Canada safety certified. Our professional and knowledgeable staff will make your Tofino experience one to remember. Get off the beaten path and experience ecotourism that is environmentally responsible, safe, and fun for the whole family with West Coast Aquatic Safaris. We look forward to welcoming you aboard! First Class Adventure, Excellent Value.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Went on the Bear Watching tour. A mixture of amazing views early in the morning, wildlife and a tour guide with a vast knowledge of the surrounding wildlife as well as the general area made this an amazing tour! Rate it very highly.

1  Thank Julian G

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We spent the afternoon with this company. First out to see bears then a second tour to whale watch. The captain, Tony, was great. Super knowledgeable, considerate and not in a rush. Not sure if it was just luck or his experience but he seemed to anticipate where the whales would be resurfacing and we got the best views compared to the other companies in their zodiacs. Would recommend this company for sure!

1  Thank Canabrit2007
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I recently took a trip with WCAS in Tofino and it didn't start off great. They emailed me two hours before we were to leave saying we couldn't leave because their wasn't enough people. My spouse and I were on our honeymoon and had planned on doing this on a certain day. We did manage to reschedule and they kindly gave us a $30 discount for the trouble which was great.
The boat was great and felt very safe as well as the knowledgeable pilot and staff. We didn't see any whales but it was still a fun trip. If you are looking for a guaranteed sighting or a "come again anytime" certificate then I would look around town, there is at least one place that does it.

1  Thank Jefferson M
AquaticSafaris, General Manager at West Coast Aquatic Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I hope that others will benefit from it. We are very glad that you had a good time and found the tour to be enjoyable and that both the vessel and captain safe and informative. It was unfortunate that we did have to change dates and we are glad that it worked out for you in the end. West Coast Aquatic Safaris does have a minimum trip capacity policy and works very hard to ensure we don't have to cancel however it does happen on rare occasions. Because of this we publish this information both on the website and in the confirmation letters as well. We also have a guaranteed whale policy and for the passengers that return to our office afterwords we are always more than happy to offer the gift certificates. We thank you again for touring with us and sharing your valuable feedback.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I am an event planner and recently took a corporate group to the Tofino/Ucluelet area. I was a little overwhelmed with the amount of whale watching charter options. After some research, I chose West Coast Aquatic Safaris and was hopeful I made a good choice. Well after our experience, I can tell you I did.
The staff was amazing, provided great information for everyone about the history of the area, sights and background on the whales etc. (with a sense of humour) which made for an entertaining tour. Upon our departure from the harbour they notified us they had been tracking some Orcas and would take us in that direction. Within 20 minutes we were beside 4-5 Orcas and had plenty of time to take as many pictures and videos as we could want. We also lucked out and saw a bald eagle as well as sea otters and harbour seals.
My group consisted of a large number of 'boat guys' as well and they were extremely impressed with the NANUQ and thanked me for the sweet upgrade from the many smaller boats we passed by on the way.
Booking with West Coast Aquatic Safaris made ME look good, so I couldn't give higher praise.

1  Thank JenA7784
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We booked a bear watching trip and spent a wonderful couple of hours on the boat. We saw seals, porpoises and sea eagles and then the highlight with three black bears one with a cub. The captain was very knowledgeable and gave us lots of info about both the animals and local history. The boat offered great views for all. Highly recommended.