“Great experience!”

West Coast Aquatic Safaris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tofino! Wild By Nature…Tour Tofino’s wild side with West Coast Aquatic Safaris. Enjoy the West Coast’s premiere wildlife and sightseeing tours aboard our All Weather Boats, WASCO and NANUQ, both Transport Canada safety certified. Our professional and knowledgeable staff will make your Tofino experience one to remember. Get off the beaten path and experience ecotourism that is environmentally responsible, safe, and fun for the whole family with West Coast Aquatic Safaris. We look forward to welcoming you aboard! First Class Adventure, Excellent Value.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Grobbendonk, Antwerpen, Belgium
“Great experience!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We made 2 trips with West coast Aquatics: whale watching and bear watching. You get a nice discount when booking more trips, but look out for discount vouchers in the brochures, they give you an even better discount!
Both boats used are very nice and clean, great viewing areas both inside and outside. The staff is very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.
The whale watching was very exciting, saw lots of them around the boat. You also pass some rocks with lots of giant sea lions and another one with harbour seals. We also spotted 3 sea otters just next to the boat and few puffins. Awesome experience.
The bear watching was also very nice and much more 'relaxed' than the whale watching since you stay in sheltered waters. We had the small boat all to ourselves and saw some 4 adult black bears and 3 cubs! An harbour seal and a small dolphin accompanied us for a portion of the trip.
The captain really takes his time to let you enjoy the view and knew exactly where to go.
On both trips we also spotted bald eagles.
We had a very positive experience with West coast aquatic and their price was actually of the lowest on the market there while the quality was definitely very high!
I would book with them again in an instant.

Visited August 2012
AquaticSafaris, Manager at West Coast Aquatic Safaris, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hi Karl,

Thank you for your very detailed review of your experiences and the helpful tips on discounts. I will also suggest that people book far in advance as that is often when people will find the best prices on our specials page of our website.

Thank you for taking the time and we hope you will join us again.

• Hebrew first
Asuncion, Paraguay
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Excellent whale and bear tours”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We took both the whale and bear tours with West Coast Aquatic and they were great. The guides were very knowledgable, the boat was comfortable, quick and offered excellent viewing. We all had a great time and saw an impressive range of wildlife of which the crew were always willing to talk about and provide information.

Hi Charlie,

We are happy that you had the chance to take two of our tours and that you enjoyed each of them. Our guides have all kinds of information and stories and love to share with interested people. It is a very important part of the tour which enhances the overall experience.
Toronto, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Excellent tour”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Our captain, Keith, proved to be a most informative and knowledgeable guide. He pleasantly explained and pointed out points of interest and animals. He was in touch with other boats in order to locate the whales and he kept an eye on the safety of his passengers. He and Diane looked after us well and were very accesible.
We appreciated the jackets that were provided by the company as it did get quite cold, even though we had a nice sunny day.

Kelowna, Canada
“Unbelievable experience..6 stars!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Absolutely first class. Great viewing area. Safe boat. Can't say enough about how good the staff treated us. Highly recommend. This is a must see attraction when visiting tofino

Bellingham, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Deceptive and dishonest sales pitch”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Although the boat ride and guide were what I hoped for, the sales person was deceptive and dishonest with me. I arrived at the business looking for a one-way ride to Hot Springs Cove and by chance they had a boat leaving at that moment. The sales person explained that it was too bad that I was not wanting a round-trip ticket because I was missing out on their 30% discount. No problem, I only wanted one-way and this was clear to both of us because we discussed what I wanted at length. The price seemed steep but I paid and hurried to the boat because it was waiting for me. Later, when I studied the receipt, I could see that I paid for the round-trip! I paid the same round-trip price that I would have paid anywhere else even though he said I was paying less money than if I had wanted a more-expensive round-trip. They ripped me off! Two days later when I returned to Tofino I went back to WCAS and talked to the same sales person/manager. He said they don't ever sell one-way trips and that everyone pays the round-trip price! This was not what he said when I was in a hurry. Yes, I should have read the receipt completely when I was buying the ticket. But I was in a hurry because their boat was at the dock waiting for me and I trusted this man. He lied to me. He would not even give me a partial refund. If you are considering a trip with WCAS then you should do some real comparative shopping first and not rely on what their sales staff say to you. And you shouldn't go to this place if you are in a hurry. That's how they took advantage of me.

1 Thank Todd A
INWCAS, Manager at West Coast Aquatic Safaris, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
I have opted to take some time prior to replying to this review in hopes that the individual would realize that what he has stated is very inaccurate. On this day the guest above requested information on a one way tour to Hot Springs Cove. Our boat had just left the dock for the tour and the offer was made to have the captain return if the individual was interested. We began by reviewing the price of a round trip tour which is $119 plus tax, Eco Fee, Fuel Surcharge and Park Use Fee. This rate is the same or similar to most operators in town. I then informed the individual that if they were to take the trip as just a one way tour, they would be eligable for a 30% discount off of the regular round trip price. (similar to a flight a one way tour is not necessarily 50% off the cost)

The individual was given time to consider the price and then asked me to review the price with him again which my staff and I did. After more time to consider both he and his travel partner accepted. The individuals were then offered an additional 10 minutes to gather their belongings and be guided down to the boat while the rest of the group waited for them at the dock.

After arriving at the accomodations at the Hot Springs cove the had a conversation with another individual and found that some operators offer a different price for a one way trip to Hot Springs. It should be noted that not all products and operators offer the same features, boats or experience.

As the individual has indicated, he returned to our office a couple of days later to discuss the situation. He fails to mention that he yelled at and intimidated our staff with aggressive body language and made repeated statements to all of the guests, that our staff were "liars and thieves". When we discussed the matter with the individual he indicated that the way we described the price at this time was the same as the information on the receipt and the same information that was given to the innkeeper when he inquired as well. The guest still insisted that we lied and now demanded a 50% refund with no grounds or clear explanation as why he should be entitled to it. The individual was asked to leave the office as he was affecting the experience of others.

Our rates for each of our tours including one way tours to Hot Springs Cove are outlined on our website. West Coast Aquatic Safaris and all of it's staff go out of our way to accomodate everyone that we can and this includes asking a captain to return to the dock to give someone else a chance to reach their final destination. We offer time, explaination and patience with all of those that travel with us and ask anyone that may have questions about this experience or pricing of all of our tours to contact us directly or visit the website.

Lastly we would like to add that Tip Advisor is being contacted so that we can ask for their review of this guests statements as it relates to information clearly outlined on our website and the accusations that we are decptive or dishonest. We would also like to apologise to the individuals that were in the office that day and the team members that were on the receiving end of an inappropriate rant by an individual that clearly was not concerned with the negative effect he would have on others.

Respectfully,