“Good spa for a more accessible price!”
Review of Sacred Stone Spa

Sacred Stone Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Spas & Wellness in Tofino
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the stunning west coast of Vancouver Island, BC, Canada, the Sacred Stone is beautiful Tofino's premiere, boutique spa. We offer a diverse roster of bodywork including Registered Massage Therapy, Deep Tissue, Hot Stone Massage, Prenatal and Esthetics. Both Registered massage therapy (BC RMT) and our couples treatment room are available upon request. We also offer international styles of massage such as Thai and Lomi Lomi. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful team of therapists and are confident you'll benefit from their talents. We accommodate people of all ages and welcome pregnant mothers. Experience expert massage and feel welcome at the Sacred Stone Spa on Tofino's waterfront (4 treatment rooms).
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Santa Monica, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Good spa for a more accessible price!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

A little bit about me and my perspective - I have been going to the Ancient Cedars Spa (ACS) for over 10 years and I, much like other reviewers here, wanted to try something a bit less expensive. To be frank - SSS and ACS should be used for different reasons - go for the splurge at ACS if you haven't done so - it's incredible! Seriously one of the best in the world. However, SSS offered a wonderful alternative if you don't have the ability to splurge in that way.

I had a lovely treatment with Jessie yesterday - I had a 60 minute massage + 30 minute facial. Overall, the experience was great - Jessie had a wonderful energy about her: she was very attuned to my needs and to integrating breathing into the session, which I really enjoyed.

The major thing that you forgo here though is the gentle lead-in to your treatment. What I mean by this is that there isn't a place to truly prepare yourself to let go. Sure, they offer you a tea or water in the reception area, but there isn't a steam room or foot soaker. This isn't a bad thing, just something to be aware of! I knew this in advance and took a nice bath at my place before heading over.

All in all, a good experience that was made better by reasonable prices and a lovely therapist.

Visited August 2012
rocksandsand, General Manager at Sacred Stone Spa, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your realistic review by clearly appreciating and distinguishing our offerings.

baltimore
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“First class, great massage therapists, and you pay for what you get.”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were very pleasantly surprised by how talented and well-trained our therapistss were (we had side-by-side massages, a great thing to do). Both were quiet during their excellent work, making sure what we preferred on the spectrum of mild to deep tissue work, both very able to find stuck muscles and work them out. However, you pay dearly for this lovely spa by the sea, and should be prepared for that fact in advance.

Visited July 2012
Vancouver, BC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Very nice for less than Ancient Cedars”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I usually go to the Ancient Cedars spa in the Wickanninish but am getting tired of paying those prices so I thought I would try Sacred Stone Spa for a massage and "add-on" facial. Very enjoyable. They promote their organic facial products a teeny bit (and I ended up buying a cleanser) but they weren't overly pushy, although not sure why they have to "promote" them at all. The products are right there on the shelves and if I am interested, I will ask you. Anyway, nice to try and would go back.

Visited May 2012
Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“ahhh”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

perfect for after the west coast trail. book some r&r

Visited August 2011
Vancouver Island, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT Couples Afternoon - uhm...maybe some robes would be nice?”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We had a very nice experience at this spa. Both of us had a customized massage, body scrub, and facial. We booked the services in the couples room and it was lovely. The prices are comparable to any other professional day spa. The only thing either of us could say was even close to a complaint...was that when my very tall and very near naked boyfriend was instructed to walk from the massage room to the shower, the hallway was full of people. As the spa only provides kilt style wraps, he was quite uncomfortable. I myself found a completely empty hallway when it was turn and was instructed to head to the shower. All in all, the service was great, the experience was great, and we would most definitely return....Perhaps...with a robe. LOL

Visited March 2012