“Service too long, food was so so and expensive”
Review of Seaside Kitchen

Seaside Kitchen
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We came here to have dinner as it was our wedding anniversary. We waited for 30 minutes for our food to arrive! The explanation was that they are busy and their kitchen is small. Not really my problem. I ordered the grilled halibut which costs $26. When it finally arrived the fish was not moist and flaky and the rice was dry. Disappointing. They charge too much for the dish and it's not fine dining. The server came by to ask how everything was with the food and before I could tell her that my food was dry, she turned around to attend to the table next to us. I didn't bother telling her as it felt like she didnt really care and was just going through the motions. I ate all my food anyway as I was hungry. My husband ordered the halibut fish and chips, at least that was good.

2  Thank A P

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The view is lovely in most directions (when not lo0king at Crofton pulp mill). We had a great waitress - she was friendly, fun and helpful. The food was okay - some things were much better than others (i.e., go for the onion rings, fish and chips or the oysters - skip the calamari or crab cakes). Unfortunately, after spending $500 on 12 of us for lunch the owner was just downright hostile and rude. It really ruined what had been a fun lunch up to that point. I have to say I left really begrudging having put all of that money in her pocket and felling a little abused. There are other places on Saltspring with good fish and chips and more welcoming hosts.

7  Thank Mia S
seasiderestaurant, Owner at Seaside Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Hello, I apologize if you found me rude. Unfortunately I was trying to not ruin the experience for the other guests in my restaurant. You neglected to mention why I was abrupt. I feel the readers of Trip Advisor should know the inconsiderate behaviour of your party prompted my abruptness . An adult from your party ran through the restaurant and vomited on my front stairs, BECAUSE he was encouraged to drink multiple milkshakes by your party. Many of my guests inside were upset, and others did not come in after witnessing this display. We try to have a welcoming friendly atmosphere, that is what I was trying to protect when I asked you to be considerate of my other guests, and said this was not appropriate behaviour for a restaurant. Thank you

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Not only is the outdoor deck a perfect spot on a sunny afternoon, but the fish is perfect. We both had halibut - my husband the grilled and I the fish and chips (except I only had half chip and half delicious salad) and both were the best. We were with 5 other people and everyone was raving about the fish and how fresh it was. I would go back here often if we lived anywhere close by. Service was a bit slow, but it was a lazy afternoon anyway.

1  Thank ytc50
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Its a great place to go, relax and eat great food. Overall the food was great and the servers were wonderful. The deck has a great view of the ocean!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I live on the Island and have been disappointed by what people say is "great seafood". HOWEVER, the mussels here were EXcellent. Unbelievable, to the point I had to applaud the kitchen staff in person and embarass my friend I was dining with in the process. I have had the fish and chips before and was slightly disappointed but this dish was what food dreams are made of. Thank you for bringing back my love of seafood.