“Very good food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Very good food and excellent service by the 2 owners that are really really nice. The view on the harbour is beautiful and they have this desert made of meringue and ice cream and whipped cream to die for!!!!!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

we eat at this restaurant about once a week...their corned beef sandwich is superb, as is their fish and chips...........for dinner...their special menu and prices can't be beat,,,,the owners are very friendly and seem to appreciate your business......I would recommend it over and other similarly priced restaurant on the island

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Being generous, I'll call the food 'average' rather than 'mediocre'. We had the 3-course menu, which ranged from $19.99 to $36.99. Of the 3 courses I chose: mixed starter (coconut prawn, scallop wonton, egg roll), seafood crepes and tiramisu, the only one I would repeat is the tiramisu - which tasted like every other tiramisu I've ever had. The crepes were stodgy to begin with, but then they were covered in cheese and baked. My mother enjoyed her spinach and goat cheese salad for the starter; the meatloaf came with about 7 different vegetables, but the meatloaf itself tasted of mainly herbs and filler; the chocolate cheesecake was dense and tasted of a spice that we couldn't identify. We passed on the wine, as we determined it to be seriously over-priced.

1  Thank TwoContinentals
Reviewed March 26, 2013

As an Island a resident I have a few regular haunts. Its consitantly good. Good food, good service. I like the schnitzel, Lamb, and chowder. try the Swiss Merange. One of the best places on SSI. and reasonably priced.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal here. The portions were generous, and the menu nicely varied. They also offer a 3-course meal option which is quite a good value. The service was friendly, courteous and prompt. Their kids' menu is very limited, with only 3 options, but they were very accommodating of children otherwise. I did find their Boston clam chowder a little too rich and creamy for my taste, but it was loaded with seafood. We would definitely return.