“5 star pricing, three star food”

Restaurant House Piccolo
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vancouver, Canada
“5 star pricing, three star food”
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Three of us went there for dinner and if I'm being charged $35 a plate for an entree I expect to be wowed. This was not case. We all tried something different and found the menu to be dated and very average. We each ordered an appy, entree, cocktials, wine and dessert. All of it was very average however, the bill was not - rather above average.

The decor was also very dated and there really wasn't much going on in terms of ambience or atmosphere.

Based on what I had heard from a local I really wanted to be impressed but after this experience I wouldn't go back.

3 Thank me-likes-good-food

Chestertown, Maryland
“old style european”
Reviewed June 22, 2009

This restaurant, located in an adorable house on a side street had the potential to be great, but it wasn't. The place is tiny and feels like grandma's house. Far, far from chic or even stylish. The menu went with the atmosphere... dated french/continental fare with a few local products sprinkled in. I had the carpaccio with truffle oil which was okay, but did not come close to matching the carpaccio my husband had the night before at Auntie Pesto's. I can't remember our other selections, as they were unmemorable. The whole place could use an update.

1 Thank mossway1
Vancouver, BC
“Perfectly Quaint”
Reviewed March 9, 2009

Had dinner this weekend at House Piccolo and it was fantastic. We both had the lamb and it was cooked perfectly and the accompanying scalloped potatoes were to die for. Equally appealing though, was the service....just the right touch of friendliness and helpfulness without being overbearing. Inside looks much better than the pics on the website. Highly recommend for a lovely romantic dinner.