“Upscale on the Island”

Restaurant House Piccolo
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The food was delicious, and what you would expect from a fine-dining establishment anywhere else. The only curiosity for me was they did not serve local lamb. Since Salt Spring is famous for that, I wonder why they choose to bring in meat from off-Island. Overall though, well worth a visit if a more luxurious experience is what you are after

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were there three months ago, so I can't specifically recall what we had -- only that it was wonderful, and a complete 180 from the experience the previous night at the Oystercatcher.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Four of us dined here for my 50 th birthday. There is not one thing that any one of us could have asked to be improved.
Starters included the baked goat cheese salad, the gravlax and the warm seafood salad. All were divine. Mains were lobster tail and lobster risotto (heaven), 2 different beef dishes and the salmon catch of the day. Good wines are available by the glass so you don't have to settle on a bottle to suit only one! Dessert was wonderful as well. Our server was lovely. A great experience.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Every element of dinner was wonderful! The warm seafood salad was an amazing appetizer to share, great portion and perfectly cooked seafood. Both main course meals were delicious. I had the lamb chops which could not have been cooked better. My wife had a fish trio special which was also awesome!! The accompanying vegetables were great. The scalloped potatoes with my lamb were perfect as well, wish I had the recipie so I could make them at home. I would definitely eat here again on my next visit to salt spring.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

House Piccolo is my favourite restaurant on the island for special occassions. The food is always perfect. Love the fresh salad and bread that is served with meals. I never seem to stray from the beef peppercorn which is delicious along with the scalloped potatoes. This is yet another place I advise my B and B guests to go to.

1  Thank BeachfrontVesuvius