“One of the best meals ever enjoyed.”

Restaurant House Piccolo
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Four of us dined here for my 50 th birthday. There is not one thing that any one of us could have asked to be improved.
Starters included the baked goat cheese salad, the gravlax and the warm seafood salad. All were divine. Mains were lobster tail and lobster risotto (heaven), 2 different beef dishes and the salmon catch of the day. Good wines are available by the glass so you don't have to settle on a bottle to suit only one! Dessert was wonderful as well. Our server was lovely. A great experience.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant House Piccolo

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Every element of dinner was wonderful! The warm seafood salad was an amazing appetizer to share, great portion and perfectly cooked seafood. Both main course meals were delicious. I had the lamb chops which could not have been cooked better. My wife had a fish trio special which was also awesome!! The accompanying vegetables were great. The scalloped potatoes with my lamb were perfect as well, wish I had the recipie so I could make them at home. I would definitely eat here again on my next visit to salt spring.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

House Piccolo is my favourite restaurant on the island for special occassions. The food is always perfect. Love the fresh salad and bread that is served with meals. I never seem to stray from the beef peppercorn which is delicious along with the scalloped potatoes. This is yet another place I advise my B and B guests to go to.

1  Thank BeachfrontVesuvius
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have eaten all over the world, and did not anticipate this type of meal on Salt Spring Island; last time we were there, the food didn't seem as good. Started out with beef Carpaccio which came with delicious shavings of parm. Another guest had the gravlax; I am still dreaming about the taste combination, nicely salted and presented with fresh cucumbers. I had the Muscovy duck which was cooked perfectly medium rare and served with a delicious medley of well presented vegetables. My dining companion chose ravioli risotto, which was cooked al dente again with a gorgeous presentation Service is good, albeit "island", but that's where you are!

1  Thank greatcats
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Go there and be reminded of what food is supposed to taste like! The prices are only a fraction more than at the other restaurants in town and yet the food is far far superior. A class above the rest for sure. Seriously, can't recommend enough! The decor is outdated and could do with some modernizing in order to attract more/younger people. But the food is outstanding.

1  Thank rubytuesday16