“four dishes all good”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“four dishes all good”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were four diners seeking fine dining on Saltspring and were delighted to find reviews of Piccolo were all accurate. All of us had different mains and all were excellent - fresh, well prepared, delicious. (veal, duck, sablefish, venison) I have not been to very many restaurants where every dish was of interest and worthy of consideration. Slight downgrade as our server (new) did not know the menu as thoroughly as might be expected but otherwise terrific. Decor simple, wine list satisfactory. For a "resort" destination an absolute five star experience. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013

Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Amazing food”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Nothing to dislike here. European atmosphere and a wonderful ambience. The food is outstanding and the wine list is classic.
A must visit for those who like the best.

Victoria, Canada
“Nice in some ways”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant a couple of years ago and the food was much better at that time. It is a cute little restaurant and has a lovely atmosphere. The service is very attentive and genuine. We were made to feel welcomed and seated right away. There is a very large selections of wine for those who enjoy special wines. We started with appetizers. I had the squash soup which was very delicious. My husband had the baltic marinated herring. He enjoy this very much. I can't say the same for my rack of lamb chops. I had ordered them med. rare but they came to the table well done. I mentioned this to the server and she said she could take them back but this was the special and there were no more left so I ate them well done. We were there at 6:30 pm and the special was already almost gone. My husband had the spring salmon which was quite dry from too much cooking. The food was very salted for both our liking. We skipped dessert and had just coffee and left. I probably would go there again, but not with the same expectations.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Carmelle N
PNW
“Best restaurant we've been to in years!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is a lovely, serene restaurant located in a small house near the center of Ganges. It is the type of restaurant where you take your first bite and sigh with pleasure. I had the tenderloin au poivre the first night and it was exquisite! The scallops the next night were also wonderful. Yes, we went two nights in a row. The desserts were also great.

The service was excellent, the décor lovely. If you want a special dinner while on Salt Spring Island, make sure you go here!

Stow, Ohio
“Lamb shanks that melt in your mouth”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by several locals. They were all spot on. We had lamb shank and risotto and it all just end melted in our mouths. Gravlax appetizer was very good as well. It's rather small so I'd definitely suggest reservations.