“Best food on the island!”

Golden Island Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best food on the island!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Someone posted saying someone got sick after eatin here, I just want to say I'm from the island, I've been going here for 17 years, about 20 times a year, and never have I ever felt ill after. There is the same amount of love and mouth watering experience every time I eat in or take out. If you want the best won ton soup you have ever had be sure to eat here!!!! Yummmmmy!

4 Thank Jaci_me

Mississauga
“A Real Surprise”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We are from a large city with about a million Asian restaurants so weren't expecting much from this restaurant but to our surprise we greatly enjoyed it. The decor is basic and the menu from another time, but the food as excellent. The owner (I assume he was the owner) was happy to talk about Salt Springs and we learned a lot in a few minutes. We will return.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank MississaugaMonk
Abbotsford, Canada
“Love it”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Go there everytime we are visiting and the owner is exceptional with customers and the food is great

Visited July 2012
4 Thank MDGraham2012
Vancouver, Canada
“wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

wonderful food and sammy is an absolute joy. Every time i visit Saltspring Island the first place i want to go is to Golden Island

• Visited September 2011
4 Thank Jennifer H
British Columbia
“Great Food - incredible Insults - FUN!”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I've been eating here since the mid-70's and the food is always great. I don't eat a lot of Chinese food but I've eaten in enough others to know this is way above average. If you talk with the waiters about what you like, they'll order it for you. Joe's Ginger Chicken is one of my favorites.
Now, about the staff. I love these folks. It is family run and everyone who works there (no matter what color or background) thinks they are part of the family. Sam, who runs the front end seems to remember everyone he has ever fed. He quickly figures you out and the teasing and insult humor when we eat there is fabulous. Some eateries have paid entertainment - they have Sam. In the kitchen the team (which varies a little) but is usually sister Margaret, brother-in-law Ted, dish-guy Norm and a few others - often parents of Margaret and Sam, turn out astonishing food from a fairly small kitchen. This is a pleasant family restaurant that has hustle in the back and fun out front.

• Visited June 2011