“Most unhelpful”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Cedar Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salt Spring Island
Cedar Beach Resort
Oak Ridge, AB
“Most unhelpful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

It's amazing what places can do with the Internet!. The place looked great on the "Net- but of course there were no pictures of the campground or cabins. The Campground was very sparse and basic - all (3) campers were squished together away from the owner's house. When we went in at night (9:00pm), no-one answered the door (although we saw them in their living-room). While the whole island was not very RV friendly, we've never been ignored like that before. Don't believe everything you see (or read) on the Internet, particularly re this place!!! (P.S. - I've never been motivated to write a negative review before, until this place. Keep that in mind when you read/book this place).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank littlepetie
cedarbeach111, Manager at Cedar Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2011
Cedar Beach Resort has changed managment as of last fall. We wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments in regards to your stay last year. It's really beneficial to be informed of past guest's experiences and opininions of the facilities while staying at the Resort. Changes are happening and we do hope that you might stop in next time you are on the Island. Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

we spent a weekend at the resort and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. we stayed in cabin 2 which was well equipped and had a full kitchen and great view of the lake. our teenage girls enjoyed the lake and the pool/hot tub. I would recommend cedar beach resort and saltspring as great family getaway.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

I am not happy with my 2010 stay my wife and two kids stayed here for a couple nights in 2007 decided to come back on our holidays we were excited to finally get here from leduc Alberta set up camp and met our Nabors who were very nice we had a fire right till eleven cause the rule stated fires 7 till 11 then went to bed with the kids in the morning around 8 30 I got up started making breakfast for the kids it was also cold so I started a small fire in our pit to warm up to after an hour I was relaxing in my chair fire was out by then just a little smoke then the manager Steve snuck up and scared me I said " hi Steve how are you doing " he said " I'm pissed right off " I was thrown off thought he was coming to chat and vent about something someone did around the campsite he was giving me [--] for the fire apperantly fires are only allowed 7 pm to 11 am I missread and thought it was 7 am to 11 pm he was very ignorant about it then asked if I was up with a camp fire till midnight partying and being loud I told him no we had our kids in bed at 11 on the money and we did not here anyone around us either he then looked at our little garbage can that was half full from making breakfast and told me to go empty it he got me so mad at the way he approached our family it put me in a horible mood and ruined my stay I work so hard all year for a small vacation and can't get over that, I will not come back again!!!! Very pissed off

• Stayed July 2010
6 Thank Calvin6969
Hello ...........Cedar Beach Resort changed over management last fall.......and it's important to us to know our past guest's experiences. So...thank you for your comments. We are working towards addressing all of the comments regarding the facilities and even more so the comments regarding situations that arose. Our intent is that the resort is a comfortable, relaxing enviroment for all of our guests! We do hope that you might consider staying with us another time.
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2010

We had an amazing time at Cedar Beach Resort! Our family made our way over to Saltspring for a 3 day weekend with our 2 pre-school aged children. This is an amazing family spot on Saltspring Island. The resort is on St.Mary's Lake -- about 10 mins from Ganges shopping area.

Our cabin is elegantly rustic. The cabins are very well equipped with small fully functional kitchens, sitting area, and our cabin had 2 bedrooms. The master had a King bed, and the 2nd bedroom had bunk beds for the kids (The top bunk had a good guard rail so I felt pretty safe with our 4-year old up there). The cabin we were in, and the others from outside appearances, are all very well maintained and very clean.

There were also RV sites at the top of the resort, mostly empty in early May.

The resort is right on St. Mary’s Lake with a beach and a dock. The lake was a little cold being so early in the season, but the kids played for hours on the beach and played freely in the water until we had to take them up to the cabin to warm them up.

While you're on Saltspring, check out the Saturday market at Ganges...it is great, particularly the fresh bakery items....
Crabs from the dock are also pretty inexpensive as far as crab goes, and we had a great local lamb roast another night.

Overall, this is a great spot, and we'll be returning soon.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

We have a daughter with a power wheelchair, also 2 other able bodied kids. We brought our own RV although there are wheelchair accessible cabins available. We have never stayed anywhere where they took accessibility into consideration like at this camp ground. The wheelchair accessible washroom had a key we could carry with us, so other people didn't use it. The washroom was very big with a wall hung sink, roll in shower with hand held shower nozzle, also a bench, very clean too. The hill is steep to go down to the pool and lake from the camping area, but not a problem at all for us. The managers asked what could use improving, the only thing we saw was that they needed a better access for wheelchairs to get on the dock. They said it would be done before next summer. The staff was really nice, we felt someone with insight as to what it's like to have physical barriers, designed the resort, there was a ramp to the store, you could get pool side easily. We will go back and recommend to others. There are also some beaches on the island that we could take a wheelchair right out to the water's edge. The market was also fantastic and accessible. The campground is on a lake that we caught fish in from one of the boats that you can borrow and row out. Drive to Ruckle Park and see an awesome view when you get out to walk or drive your wheelchair along the trail, can't get to the beach here though, but worth the drive and walk.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Victoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2009

My family and I found Cedar Beach Resort to be a great family getaway. As other reviewers have mentioned, the camp sites and cabins are all very close together, but we spent the whole day at the pool and lake anyway. I appreciate that the very friendly managers were strict about the rules as it made the close proximity tolerable. While many of the facilities could use a little fixing-up, the pool and hot tub are very well maintained. We had a wonderful week here and will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2009

Cabin # 1 rocks! My family and I have been going to this resort for several years and we appreciate the consistency in cleanliness, friendliness, safety and fun that this resort has to offer. We usually rent one of the cabins but this year noticed that cabin #1 had been renovated so we requested it. Renovated isn't the right word...rebuilt from the ground up is more appropriate.It is be-a-u-ti-ful! The owners added an extra bedroom and an extra bathroom so we had a luxurious stay. This cabin is right in front of the lake and has an unobstructed view from the dock all the way to the pool area. Lots of extras like a great shower/tub, new fridge and stove and the sink in the island is amazing. I wish my house looked like this cabin! Worth every penny. If you're booking this cabin ask the Managers of the resort for cabin #1's website (has loads of pictures of the cabin and some info on the resort/island too). Also contrary to what some have said, the Managers of the resort are wonderful. They are helpful, they keep the place spic and span and they gently keep the rules that ensure everyone is respected and respectful. Remember...the resort is a wonderful family resort...kids love this place and this place was made for frolicking kids and happy parents enjoying their wine, the fishing and a good time.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family