“BEAUTIFUL”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Turtles in spring
Rojitas our rooster
Canoeing
The lake
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sabine W
Vancouver, Canada
“BEAUTIFUL”
Reviewed July 24, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

What a great place to spend quality time and relax. The cabin was perfect for us, loved the patio. We did bring a BBQ, probably the only thing I would recommend to get.
Our dog had an awesome time swimming in the lake, crystal clear and warm water. We were allowed to use the kayak and floaties and hang out on the door. Tania and Jose welcomed us with a yummy drink, both made sure we had everything we need. Thanks also on daughter Andrea for welcoming us.
We would love to come again :-)

Your age range 35-49
Jul 26, 2017
Thank you for the review, we love to have come back, your dog was so much fun. Tania and Jose
Kristina...
Vancouver, Canada
“The owners are super friendly and make you feel more than welcome.”
Reviewed July 7, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Beautiful spot, very clean but not private at all. The cottage is located behind the main house and dock so you do feel as if you are invading the owners privacy. I would recommend this cottage only for two people as the futon is very uncomfortable and hard on your back.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Meaghan W
“A Wonderful Weekend!”
Reviewed May 24, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We stayed with Tania and Jose over May long weekend and had a great time!!

We brought our newborn baby and our two dogs and we were completely relaxed the whole time. We even ended up staying TWO extra nights, to which they were very accommodating to allow us to do.

The place is right on the lake behind the main house. A studio set up with stove, shower, fridge/freezer. We made breakfast in the morning and had snacks on the dock in the sunshine taking in the view in the evening. It's located right on St. Mary's lake and just a short drive in any direction to any of the activities you want to check out.

I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to friends and family

JGFrankPo...
Lake Oswego
“Sweet rustic retreat”
Reviewed April 17, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

This cabin provides lots of quiet and nature all around. It has everything you need to stay awhile, from kitchen utensils and a big deck to a kayak you can take out on the lake.

I loved feeding the chickens my leftover carrots and listening to the chorus of birds all day and frogs at night -- and the space was quite comfortable. My one surprise was based on the shots, I thought the cabin was sitting right on the lake, but actually the cabin is behind the main house which sits closer to the lake, so the main view is of the back of the house but you can still see a portion of the sparkling lake from the cabin as well as the tree covered mountains beyond. It was lovely and I'd certainly come back here again. From the moment I arrived and a hummingbird flew right up to my face as I entered the door, to my last moment I was sitting on the deck, I had a great time. It was hard to leave!

Apr 20, 2017
Dear Joan, I am so glad you enjoy your stay, Inma mentioned how wonderful you were.The hummingbirds are loving the blooming plum tree, I enjoy them lots and try to plant flowers that attract them. The frogs are a bit late with the cold winter and spring we are having but they are very nice and loud in the evening. Hope the rest of your vacation was good, Thank you for your review! Tania
Kathie T
“Cute and cozy cottage on the lake.”
Reviewed December 31, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

My daughter and I and our 2 dogs stayed at Magic Lamp Cottage which is on the north end of St Mary's Lake, in a quiet neighborhood that was a peaceful oasis on a bustling Gulf Island. Tania and Jose were very welcoming, the Cottage was sweet and well appointed with board games, Apple TV, great wi-if, books, and lots of big windows facing the lake. Winter was not the best time to enjoy the water, but I could see a summer visit and being able to swim and use the dock and canoe. Also better in summer are the tile floors that were a bit cold, but I had extra thick socks and that helped. I would definitely stay there again. Thanks so much, Tania and Jose!

Jan 1, 2017
Thank you Kathie, I am glad you enjoyed your stayed, love your dogs. Thank you for the review and the thank you for the candy you left was greate. Have a Happy New Year to you and you family, hope to see you in the summer! Tania and jose
790theres...
Burnaby, BC
“Good for families but not for us”
Reviewed November 21, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Pros: This cabin is in an idyllic spot on the lake. It's good for families, lots of activities. There's a lake with a dock and canoe. We swam in the water a few times and enjoyed the lake. The kitchen in the cabin is very functional and we used it quite a lot in the few days we were there. The family who owns this property is quite friendly.

Cons: It's not great for couples for privacy: the cabin is right behind the main house and the curtains don't cover the windows completely. The patio on the cabin is quite nice, but looks out onto the house, not onto the lake. The bed and futon couch weren't comfortable. They are dog friendly, but the cat on this property didn't like me or my dog.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Swimming in the lake
Liked least: The bed and futon were very uncomfortable
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nov 22, 2016
Muchas gracias por tu review Teresa, espero todo lo mejor para ti Tania
realneilo...
Port Alberni, Canada
“Life is good”
Reviewed September 24, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We came over to the island for a short break and enjoyed our stay here. The cabin is rustic and fits in well with the surroundings - it is comfortable, clean and has everything you need for a short stay. Do not expect a modern condo if you are coming from the city - this is country living! The lake is just a few metres away - and we bought our own kayaks to paddle around the lake and off the island - so the location is fantastic.The owners Tania and Jose are extremely friendly and happy people and never intrusive - just let you get on with things, which makes the place easy going and a place to come to relax and chill out. We loved our stay - and will be back for some more serenity.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sep 30, 2016
Thank you Neil I am glad you enjoyed the place and love to have you guys back too. Tania and Jose
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing