$227
Free cancellation until 07/19
$144
Hotels.com
Arbutus Point Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast(Salt Spring Island)(Great Value!)
$144
Seabreeze Inne(Salt Spring Island)
Free cancellation until 07/26
$110
Salt Spring Inn(Ganges)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/26
$91
Highgarden B&B(Salt Spring Island)(Great Value!)
$133
B&B at Salt Spring Apple Company(Salt Spring Island)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/21
$109
Fulford-Dunderry Guest House(Fulford Harbour)(Great Value!)
$87
$531
Hotels.com
All reviewsfruits and vegetablesred cabinpiece of landeaster egg huntinternet accesslog cabinmarieunplugbasketharvestpetsgrowmichaelmaxwellmtforestdog
Reviewed April 19, 2017

Easter Weekend with our family of 5 - 4 adults/1 child(Grandparents/family)
Our home was situated in the centre of the farm, artistically decorated-
2 bedrooms upstairs, welcoming living room, fireplace, well equipped kitchen,
family dining table - with the 'Spring Vegetables' being harvested - birds chirping,
visiting the chickens, hiking along the river and mountain ranges, relaxing
by the warm fireplace as we wave at the busy farmers with their daily chores,
meeting other guests and their family. The hosts and Foxglove owners treated
us royally - with their fresh 'food baskets' they harvested, and 'just hatched' eggs on our departure. Our 12-year-old grandson Max had fun with his new friends for the
special "Easter Egg Hunt" and hiking with their friendly dog Meaghan.
The Foxglove Farms we would highly recommend- to embrace nature at its best-
and to visit and support the local Farmer's Market - Buy Fresh! Eat Fresh!
NOTE: The Foxglove Farm is not a 'hotel' - cottages and a larger home that we had.
It's a memorable experience for all families to share together- at the welcoming
Foxglove Farm - Priceless!

Room Tip: The guests have a choice of different size 'cottages'. The main guest house has all the amenities -
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Douglas C
Reviewed April 17, 2017

It may seem antithetical to some to go to a Gulf Island, and spend your time at an in-land farm with very little connection to the ocean - the thing that draws you to that part of the world in the first place, but I can't articulate with enough emphasis what an incredibly beautiful, thoughtful, honest and authentic experience Jeanne-Marie and Michael have created on their working farm - 150 acres of forest, fields, lake and mountain, and only a short drive to town, and all the ocean adventures you can muster if you feel so inclined.
I travelled with my two children ages 12 and 10, and very quickly our little group merged with the guests in our neighbouring cabins for a memorable Easter weekend, replete with a group-organized Easter egg hunt for the kids!
On the first night, we purchased the fresh seasonal produce from Jeanne- Marie and made a delicious meal that we enjoyed outdoors at the picnic table outside our adorable Red Cabin. We were even shown how to harvest and prepare stinging nettles to add to our organic meal! The kids were able to feed the chickens daily with Brett, one of the farm workers, and the resident pets had roles as surrogate hosts and guides, which they took very seriously. And all of us had free roam of the land.
I highly recommend Foxglove farm for it's location, beauty, the inspiration it is as a template for sustainable agriculture, and the genuine warmth of the hosts.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed March 24, 2017

We have recently finished our second visit to Foxglove (our first visit was last summer so we have now seen the farm in full production and just coming out of dormancy). We have already booked another stay.

The hosts, Jeanne-Marie and Michael are warm and welcoming. The farm staff are likewise. No one is intrusive. (Indeed, in summer, no one could be because the work days are busy and long).

We have only ever stayed in the Log Cabin as the size suits the needs of our family, though that is not the only option on the farm. The lodgings are clean, comfortable and well appointed. The kitchen in the Log Cabin is well equipped.

The farm itself is a wonderful place. Guests are welcome to wander provided they avoid production areas - farm staff provide guidance on such matters. You can add a produce basket to your accommodation package and fresh-from-the-farm eggs, fruits and vegetables in season will be waiting for you in the refrigerator when you arrive. I highly recommend it. They also produce a delicious and more-ish apple-pear cider (the child-friendly kind) of which my children cannot seem to get enough. Jeanne-Marie has a wonderful stash of apple sauce made from transparency apples. Delicious. The farm blueberries are like nothing you have ever bought from a store. A treat to the taste buds. Better flavour than anything you will get when foraging in a super market, and indeed better than the ones I grow in my own yard.

The farm creatures are a delight. Megan is the tour dog.....literally. She will greet you soon after you arrive and then wait while you follow her around the farm, down the path past the gurgling stream and up to and beyond the back gate. She seems to adopt everyone who comes and stays. I took a small tent last summer hoping my boys might have a "camp out" one evening if there was a suitable place to pitch and it was permitted. Indeed it was, and there was a lovely spot on the grass beyond the cabin veranda . I was up sometime after midnight and looked out over the moonlit yard from an upstairs window. I was puzzled by a dark lump on the upper grassy terrace just beyond the tent. I knew there was no permanent object in that part of the yard. After staring for some moments, I realized it was Megan fulfilling the role of sentinel for the tent inhabitants.

You may also see Cheetah, the friendly and chatty burmese farm cat, from time to time.

The nights are dark and the farm is away from areas of light pollution so the view of the firmament is a treat for the city-dweller (as is the quiet). The resident rooster, whose dwelling is some distance away, will alert you to the arrival of new mornings and the song birds who dwell closer to the cabins punctuate any inner snooze button to remind you it's time to get the coffee on so you might sit on the veranda and enjoy the morning light as it comes up over the farm.

On our first visit, we discovered books on farming in the Log Cabin. Upon closer scrutiny, I realized they were written by Michael. Intrigued but skeptical about whether a book on farming would hold my interest, I thought I at least owed one of them an effort. I found I was captivated. In addition to being a sustainable steward of the land he and Jeanne-Marie farm, Michael is both a gifted photographer and story teller. I couldn't put the books down and read two of them in the days we stayed there over the summer!

Foxglove is a getaway that will re-energise you and, like us, you may find you leave it quite reluctantly.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank BC-Citydweller
Jeanne-Marie H, Owner at Foxglove Farm, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell how much fun you have had staying on the farm. We are very honoured you are all coming back to see us this summer again. It is the perfect time of year to enjoy all the bounty of the farm and the sunny warm lazy days of summer. See you in August.

Reviewed July 10, 2016

Second visit; hoping to make it annual! Perfect place to recalibrate on a gorgeous, working farm with spectacular 'fields of plenty.' (Who knew a raspberry could taste like that?!) Owned by original founders of the modern farm-to-table movement. Just being in their presence is a gift. Cabins are charming, comfortable and well-priced. Easy drive to downtown. One note: red cabin requires a shared bthrm and cooking in another nearby bldg. (which was actually fun). Book well ahead to score two cabins with kitchen & bath (green cabin is our aspiration). That said, we enjoyed the rustic, "true" nature of the adorable red cabin. In short, unplug and go! go! go! It's heaven.

Room Tip: Green cabin is adorable. Perfect for 2-4 with private bath and kitchen and a great porch.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank titamcf
Reviewed July 8, 2016

I stayed here with my family for three days for the Canada day weekend. We stayed in the Log Cabin and had an incredible time! It's a quite location with nice scenery and lots of options for walking/hiking trails up Mt. Maxwell.

The produce was exceptional and I would highly encourage you to get a basket if you decide to stay at the farm. The apprentices on the farm were very friendly and helpful and it helped create a real community feeling. I look forward to visiting again!

We did the hike from the farm to the summit from Foxglove farm and I would recommend it. You get a lovely panorama view from hiking trail number 6.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family