See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2018

I don't usually write reviews but after staying one night with my 2 daughters I felt the need to share my experience, Checking in was no problem. Nice fella in the reception clickity clack on the keyboard and we had our key and wifi password. We jumped back in the car to park and when we rounded the corner my heart sank. There were groups of people hanging outside each suite. Drinking and chain smoking. I felt like I was in a scene in a twilight zone episode. One man was getting some sort of massage on a chair outside one suite. Everyone kind of "stopped and stared" at us as we walked to the second floor balcony to our room. I actually said to my kids "Don't look at anyone just get in the room!!"
The room was "almost clean" the bathroom was "almost clean". It seemed to me that the cleaners came in and quickly wiped things down, made the bed, and left. The bathroom floor had hair on it.
The smoke from outside wafted up so we couldn't open our window or door. The water pipes groaned when ever anyone used the water. it was loud enough to wake me up several times.
I didn't see the hot tub or breakfast. I was so put off by everything else i wasn't interested.
For the amount I paid (peak season summer) I felt really ripped off.

Room tip: don't stay here.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Snowgoat
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

The location and outlook were good. Some rooms (very few) had sea views.
You get what you pay for but we expected not to be surrounded by people smoking right outside their doors and having the smoke waft into our area.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank DoJeartist
Reviewed June 11, 2018

My wife and I spent the weekend at the Seabreeze. The rooms were very clean with a comfortable king sized bed and the shower/water pressure blew me away. The room also had a large screen TV with HD channels and very fast WiFi. Although it is not a waterfront property, the views of the trees, islands and ocean are spectacular. The manager was very friendly and accommodating.

Room tip: Request second level for best ocean views
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2018

Not that far from Ganges. Nice clean place to stay. Beautiful setting and a free breakfast. You can't do better for the price on Salt Spring Island. The service is the best you can get. Even the people who stay here are a cut above the rest when I visited.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank Denis O
Reviewed November 1, 2017

We stayed her for 1 Saturday night in October. The rate was pretty expensive and it was unpleasant. The actual rooms and bathroom were clean. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast area was pleasant and clean and basic continental.
But ... rooms badly need remodeling. Everything is dated, worn and in some respect run down - chips on bathroom fixtures. But ... rooms were clean.
What was NOT CLEAN was the outside of rooms. They have chairs on the balcony outside each room , and a little table. There is an ash tray on each table. Filled with cigarette butts and usually overflowing. Totally gross.
I don't know how I missed this in the reviews. I must have gotten this place mixed up with another. What I mistake this was.

But , it was clean, and quiet and the folks at front desk were very pleasant.
Just not my cup of tea - per se.

If you just need a basic room, a comfy bed and quick cup of coffee and you are not picky about the aesthetics ... then might be worth a shot. Still - I think we paid too much ... $150+

Room tip: Go elsewhere.
Date of stay: October 2017