“Never Again!”
Review of Seabreeze Inne

Seabreeze Inne
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My wife and I were booked at the Saebreeze Inne for two nights in early April 2014. While it's true that the owner is a lovely man -- he really is -- we would never stay there again. When we checked in, the owner showed us to a room on the ground floor that clearly smelled of cigarette smoke, even though he told us that all of the rooms were non-smoking. We asked to move into a room next door, which was fine by him. While clean, the room decor was 1970s country; like staying in your granny's tired old guest room. Anyway, sleeping proved to be nearly impossible that first night. The morons staying in the room above us paced up and down all night, in between vigorous bouts of sex-making. This wasn't the hotel's fault, of course, but the walls and floors are paper thin. So, if you get a noisy neighbour above or either side of you, good luck trying to get any sleep. We put ear plugs in and managed to get a few hours of sleep. But, my wife was so tired the next morning, she was in tears. We promptly checked out that morning and, to the owner's credit, he gave us a refund for the second night without question and with profuse apologies. Again, our lack of sleep wasn't his fault but he did admit that the hotel building is quite old with very thin walls and floors. I hate to say it but this is a cheap hotel with a cheap class of clientele. If you value a good night's sleep in more modern and comfortable surroundings, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gpmgpm

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed at the Seabreeze Inne over the Easter Long Weekend. When we checked in the owner was very accomdating. He showed us our original room which was on the first floor. But once I mentioned I had pet allergies, he was more than willing to change our room. We were then moved to the second floor with an excellent view of the water. Overall an excellent visit to Salt Spring Island and this hotel. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at all sorts of places in my ventures around the world from the Four Seasons in Pudong to a border-line mine shaft in Istambul I can say one thing for certain: price rarely says much for quality. The Sutton Downtown Vancouver, for instance, is a great example of that. At $300 per night it wasn't nearly as good as the Days Inn in Kelowna (which was actually great mind you) at $90 per night. Well the Seabreeze Inne was another spot-on example. The service was stellar, rooms were clean and comfortable, everything looked and smelled quite nice (nothing worse than weird anomalous scents, detergentesque rooms or stale hallways). Now on to the good parts; aside for excellent value being accounted for by the aforementioned the view was stellar and the value added amenities like a BBQ/fire-pit area, hot tub, veranda and a spacious back yard made this place a treat. I can't say I was expecting much for the price but I was pleasantly surprised - The Seabreeze Inne was a great find and by now you'll know it comes highly recommended by this sailor - Bon Voyage.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My Mom and I were to stay 2 nights but had to go home after the first due to family illness. I had bought our stay using a Groupon and so when I checked out the owner told us to come back anytime and he would give us a free night, which he didn’t have to do. He was very helpful with information about Salt Spring Island and extremely nice. The beds were extremely comfortable, it was very quiet and so we had a great sleep. The rooms were clean with microwave, fridge, coffee maker, mugs and all that was needed to make coffee or tea. We sat in the hot tub in the evening which was great. I noticed that there were BBQ’s and a field to play games or for children to run around. It was a short walk to the town of Ganges. Breakfast was included and they had a great selection, eggs, bagels, waffles, toast, muffins, yogurt, juice, tea, coffee, hot chocolate. I would definitely recommend the hotel to family and friends

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and had a nice view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2013

On our first night we dealt with loud people next to us...they were going to attend a wedding and therefore thought it was ok to have loud music playing and laughing loudly until about 1:00 am....long after quiet hours came into effect. Not the way to behave in a motel....go rent a cabin. The next morning my husband went to talk to the owner. He was very apologetic and said that he had considered calling the police that night (there were others from that group who were down by the fire pit being loud until the early morning hours). He gave us an upgrade to a deluxe room for the second night and took 15% off our bill. He helped us move our stuff to the different room & helped us with our stuff the next morning when we left. Very nice man. The continental breakfast was decent...good variety of food...filled me up. I'm glad that we originally didn't book a deluxe room (upper level) with an ocean view because the ocean was about 1 km. away and we don't consider that to be an ocean view. The location was quiet being just out of the town center, but nowhere near within walking distance like some people have said....especially if you have any health issues and walking is a problem for you....from town center back to the motel it's all up hill. The room cleanliness & continental breakfast would give the motel a better rating of 4/5. We'd have to really think hard about staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda S
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My second stay in this delightful hotel has again,exceeded my expectations.Hospitable staff, clean rooms and above all a most welcoming and cordial manager,Mr.Satish. Kudos to him and all his staff for maintaining the high standards that I have come to expect from this beautiful resort inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Loved it! The fellow at the front desk is awesome - super nice and helpful. Great vibe. The room was very clean. Can't wait to enjoy the hot tub and watch the storm The location is within walking distance to shopping in Ganges, which is very convenient.

• Stayed: September 2013