“My Second Stay in Sea Breeze Inn”
Review of Seabreeze Inne

Seabreeze Inne
Roanoke, Virginia
“My Second Stay in Sea Breeze Inn”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My second stay in this delightful hotel has again,exceeded my expectations.Hospitable staff, clean rooms and above all a most welcoming and cordial manager,Mr.Satish. Kudos to him and all his staff for maintaining the high standards that I have come to expect from this beautiful resort inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Port Alberni, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Loved it! The fellow at the front desk is awesome - super nice and helpful. Great vibe. The room was very clean. Can't wait to enjoy the hot tub and watch the storm The location is within walking distance to shopping in Ganges, which is very convenient.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank vanisl_gurl
Salt Spring Island, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Have stayed here 3 times. The owner/manager is an amazing man...kind and helpful. This is truly a fantastic place to stay.
The housekeeping staff go over and above their call of duty.
The view is great..out door hot tub, fire pits...BBQ's...
Loved it here
I'll be back !@!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Port Ludlow, Washington
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have a cabin on SSI, only trouble is no heat(electricity, water etc.) They were extremely nice to us allowing us to check in at 8:30am, cold and wet.
This is the second time we have stayed there under similar circumstances. They rooms are always great and they are very helpful to us!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynda L
Alberta
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Salt Spring Island is most adorable. We stayed at the Seabreeze in August 2013. It was a fairly last moment decision to visit Salt Spring on our motorcycle road trip.

We called them before boarding the ferry & reserved a room with 2 queen beds. The hotel is located a short walk (down a big hill) from the town. When we arrived we received a warm & friendly greeting & were shown to our room. The room was in very good condition & very clean. The beds were oh-so-comfy. Breakfast was included in the price & was just what we need to start the day. There is a large hot tub, which we didn't have time to try out. Wi-fi worked well.

I would most certainly recommend the hotel to friends & family. We would stay there again if we went back to Salt Spring Island. Thanks again to the wonderful management of the hotel, your warm welcome was much appreciated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2013

After reading the reviews below, I am shocked by what I have read because I had a very different experience. We paid $179 CAD for a 2 bed with kitchenette, which ordinarily would seem expected on the Friday of the Labor Day weekend on Salt Spring. However, after arrival and after paying prior to seeing the room (which seemed fishy and I kick myself for not insisting on seeing the room first), I was less than pleased. Upon opening the door, the overcompensation of perfumed air freshener gave me an instant headache. With only one window, it was impossible to get rid of the scent, and after closer inspection, found out that it was likely to cover a pet smell. I moved the dresser over a couple inches to see the tv better and found a thick layer of dust with old dog toys underneath.

On closer inspection of the bedding, the stains on the mattress could be seen through the thin sheets and the pillows were stained ++. Thank goodness most pillows had 2 cases on them so I could mostly forget about them while trying to fall asleep. We were put on the bottom floor and the noise above us carried as if they were in the same room. The walls were dirty and ragged and the room is definitely in need of an upgrade. I love hot tubs but refuse to even go in it for fear it hasn't been clean appropriately based on what I had seen in the room.

I give this hotel a poor rating only because the price is not what you pay for. Had I paid $75 for this room, I would not be writing this review. This hotel has so much potential as the grounds are nice and the view is quite stunning; but until they upgrade it to match the prices charged, I would recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Tanya H

Travelers are raving about these Salt Spring Island hotels

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

The Seabreeze Inne is an excellent home base for your adventures on Saltspring Island. I would recommend it based on our experiences.

The kindly operations manager is really what pushes this hotel out of average and into "very good" in some categories (and even "Excellent" in customer service). He has a hands-on approach for check-in, breakfast (which is included), and housekeeping. It is apparent he really cares about the property. In addition, he was also very careful to ensure I understood there was no air conditioning before we booked (not that it was needed even in August). Lastly, I tried tipping him for the great service but it was politely refused (although I would certainly be inclined to try again next trip).

Within the context of comparing the Seabreeze against the other hotels on Saltspring Island it presents good value for the $145/night we paid.

• Stayed August 2013