“Yick what a rip off 2x I have been yick yick”

Oystercatcher Seafood Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Mission, Canada
“Yick what a rip off 2x I have been yick yick”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We seated ourselves and about 10 mins a waitress noticed us we ordered the Halibut and Lamb in whole experience was unpleasant fr the dry halibut to the real fatty lamb to the lumpyashed garlic starchy potatoes to the burnt veggies,The waitress came back after the meal was attempted to be eatten it was our problem cause apprenently no one has every complained??? Really?? Anyway the address is 104 Manson Rd not 100 and theses people own Quarrystone House Bed and Breakfast need I say any more, We
Have eaten here before in 2011 we friends and the food was better but not by much.No we will not go again and yes the table and cutlery were not clean.

Vancouver
“At least they have a view!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Recently went here for dinner with my wife, we seated ourselves on the Patio which had a very nice view of the Marina. Their location is fantastic. There was a live band playing on the patio and they were great... almost made us forget that nobody was serving us. It took ages to get someone to come to our table to clear the previous guests dishes and 1/4 eaten meals. The barely touched meals should have tipped us off. When we finally ordered drinks mine was incorrect so I had to wait again for the correct one. We probably asked for water 5-6 times before actually receiving it near the end of our evening.

While waiting no less than 30 minutes for someone to take our food order we observed a few things. This FULL restaurant had only a couple servers working. It was a Friday night so I can't figure out why they were so understaffed. We really felt bad for our server as she was running around no-stop serving people who all appeared unhappy and to have been waiting for a long time. Management should really try to put more staff on during these busy times. We also noticed that people we watched arrive far after we did were being attended to and ordering yet we still had not.

We eventually ordered and the food was definitely not worth the wait. My (what appeared to be) french fries were cold, small and looked like they were left over little bits from when they cleaned their deep fryer. The Lamb burger I ordered was also sub-par, tasteless and half the size of the stale bun it was served on. My wife ordered a chicken burger with salad which was average at best, but not terrible.

We had been to this restaurant a few years ago and remembered the food being great and the service very friendly and attentive. Not sure what has happened. At the very end of this long dining experience our server did apologize for "Ignoring Us" the entire evening. We will not be going back to this restaurant.

Victoria, Canada
“Really Dirty”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

4 of us sat down to eat after a morning at the outdoor market. Our waitress was quick to take our drink orders and we got them quickly. Our food took about 40 mins to arrive. I ordered the calamari "starter" at $14. It was half calamari and half strips of onions done in the same batter and dispersed in the calamari. Pretty sneaky if you ask me. It took two times of us asking to finally get utensils and napkins. One of our party asked for vinegar which arrived as we were chatting. When I picked up the bottle I was shocked to see it was filthy...covered with what looked like dried batter and dried dark brown ketchup. Then I noticed the dead fly....floating in the vinegar. Called over what I think was the busboy and asked for a new bottle. He returned with a new bottle...minus the batter....minus the dead fly....but still with the glob of dried ketchup....SAME bottle. GROSS I'm not picky....I'm usually not a complainer...but COME ON!! The owner apologised and got me a different bottle. Gee thanks. We atarted looking around after all that and saw how dirty everything was. There was a dried loonie size smear on my friends plate...leftover from the previous meal....cigarette butts and beer bottle caps all over the floor....a lot of bird poop on all the railings behind us...really bad housekeeping Oystercatcher....really bad. I hope you aren't gettin inspected anytime soon....YUCK

• Visited August 2013
“Worst Dining Out Experience Ever”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We decided to have lunch at the OysterCatcher one Saturday while visiting Salt Spring Island. We ( party of 4) waited 20 mins before our waitress took our drink order. After ordering our food, we waited another hour before our food arrived. 3 out of 4 meals were cold. Two people ordered fish and chips, and the chips were stone cold!!
The guy who brought the food to the table grunted at us as he literally dropped the food on the table. When we mentioned that the chips were cold, he completely ignored us and walked back to the kitchen. We complained to our waitress, who had the Manager come over and talk to us. The Manager really did not seem to care, however offered a " discount" off our bill. For lunch our bill was over $120....they took off $19.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Everything about this resturant is terrible, the food, the service, the price. The only nice thing is the view of the marina.

Victoria, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have being going to Salt Spring Island for years and the Oyster Catcher is always on our "to do" list, but the last two years things seem to have gone downhill. As one of our party commented, there seems to be a whole lot of "I don't care" going on. We had lunch last week and the worst thing was an advertised Halibut Taco seemed to be made with canned tuna -- it certainly didn't look or taste anything like halibut. The server didn't seem to care (see my comment above) and didn't handle the complaint well. My Oyster Poor Boy was really good, but the rest of our party of five were disappointed with their meals. We won't be returning.

• Visited July 2013