“Great trip had by all”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salt Spring Island
Lost & Found Guest House
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We have stayed at Lost and Found several times now. It is so cute and inviting, we always have a great time. The owners are really friendly, and the little house is really well done. We hope to stay here a couple of times this year! There is no cell reception at the house but there is Wi-fi.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RFosterW

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I found this guesthouse via a coupon on TripAdvisor months before we were travelling.

This really is a cute guesthouse. It's peaceful and a good size. I appreciated that there was a washer and dryer available to guests as we were on an extended roadtrip and having this in the guesthouse was very handy.

Our experience was not ideal and not in-line with others that have stayed in the past. When we arrived, there was nobody at the owner's house (a bit further down the driveway from the guesthouse) so we let ourselves into the guesthouse. At this point I wasn't sure that we were even expected as there was no note to welcome us and provide any type of instructions (there was however a key or the counter). After about 24 hours I made contact with the person staying at the main house. Turns out the owners were on vacation and they had guests (family members) staying in the main home. The family member I talked to said that some other people were coming the next day but that fell through. This made me nervous, since we already felt forgotten and like we shouldn't be staying, and that reassured my fear that we really shouldn't be there.

I did make contact with the owner via email after 2 nights in the guesthouse. There is no cell phone service in the guesthouse so I had to send the email from town when we went for supper. The owner did then provide the wireless password for the guesthouse and an explanation and appology for the confusion. He did clarify that they were on a vacation and admit that the ball was dropped on our stay. There was a discount offered on a future stay. Although I was reassued that we were expected and ok to stay there, this was a once in a lifetime vacation for us and a discount on a future stay does not fix the fact that the ball was dropped on our stay and our vacation. I completely understand that the owners deserve a vacation too but I would have really appreciated a heads up email to let us know the circumstances and the opportunity to change our vacation plans if the owners would not be present.

I was just so excited to stay here and really felt deflated after not feeling welcome for the first 24 hours or so. There was a guestbook and reading the fantastic comments left, it really made me feel like we were forgotten....

Salt Spring Island is beautiful, but a three day drive from where we live... we will likely not return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cantwaitforholidays
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This is a gem of a guest house. Nestled among beautiful alder trees and well situated on the island, this place has everything you need to be "lost" or "found", or whatever it is you might be wanting to do on Salt Spring Island. Perfect for any season, it's ideal for family vacations, group of friends' retreats or a romantic couples getaway. Great kitchen, cozy breakfast nook, spacious loft, wood-burning stove, patio and bbq, laundry, games, books, art - it has it all. I have found my go-to place on Salt Spring and I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Jasmin J
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The Lost & Found was ideal for our group of friends to get away for the weekend. The cabin is spacious and comfortable. We used the BBQ for a delicious meal and the wood fireplace added to the ambience of the place. Didn't get a chance to enjoy the upstairs living area, but next time we definitely will. Thanks for letting us experience this beautiful slice of heaven!

1  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This cabin is everything you would want for an island getaway, It's cosy, clean, and spacious, with a lovely breakfast nook overlooking the property. We were warmly welcomed by our hosts and made to feel instantly at home. Next time I'm going to stay for a week!

1  Thank Caitlin M
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I have a huge soft spot for Lost and Found. It's comfortable and stylish, without being pretentious. It is large enough for everyone but also feels cozy. Our daughter was fascinated by the caterpillars on the trees and the deer that frollicked in the grass behind the house. It's a little off the beaten track which gave it a peacefulness, but with a car we were just minutes away from everywhere we wanted to go. The art on the wall is lovely, and the reading nooks surrounded by trees were wonderful. The kitchen was simple but had everything we needed to cook, even when we had friends to stay. The outdoor deck is lovely. The family that owns it are friendly and helpful but the cottage itself is also private. The beds are comfy and there's a jacuzzi bath that is very relaxing.

My only hesitation in recommending Lost and Found is that we want to make sure it is free for when we want to visit!! :)

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank VancuvTraveller
Reviewed August 11, 2009

The Lost & Found Guest House on Salt Spring Island is a lovely, spacious self-catering cottage. It is set in the woods down the road from the owners' home so it is very tranquil and peaceful. The owners have made a beautiful space with handcrafted wooden floors and a vaulted ceiling. The walls are filled with wonderful art works which are for sale. The cottage can sleep 7, the four of us slept wonderfully. We found lovely touches everywhere including fresh flowers, Island made soaps and toiletries and a bottle of sparkling cider. The fridge had some goodies in it and coffee was available in a fully stocked kitchen. It was in a great location and the rate was fantastic for all the comforts provided. It was like being in your own lovely log cabin complete with a patio area. My favourite activity there was reading in a couple of lovely nooks with window seats while the sun poured through the window.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family