Ram's Head Inn
$86
Hotels.com
Rossland Motel(Rossland)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsski lodgehot tubred mountainother guestseach morningminute walkcommon roomskiersskiingbasedrawerstelevisionwintersnowfurniture
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Worst start to our trip ever. Arrived and within 4 hours was bitten by managers dogs and had to be taken to the local hospital. Dog bit 4 people in one night. Aside from that, the lodge was tired and outdated. Only positive was great breakfast and wonderful chef. Don't stay there, stay at the red mountain apartments. Same price, closer to the mountain, much nicer and no dogs.

Room Tip: Don't stay there, stay at the red mountain apartments. Same price, closer to the mountain, much nicer and no dogs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bellposse14
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Good value for money but otherwise I didn't enjoy my stay at all. Cons: decor of early 2000 (if that!), bathroom drains all clogged (sink and bathtub), location, bad mattress/pillows (bring your own if you can).

We stayed here 5 nights last week as we were skiing at Red. Our CAT skiing reservations were made last minute and this place was the only place still available.

Location: not ski in/ski out as some of the apartments - you'll need to walk across the parking lot, cross the road and across another small parking lot. Not a lot of parking in front of the lodge either - think they had 14 rooms and maybe enough space for 6 cars at best?

Rooms: where do I start. 2 things I value most from accommodation - cleanliness and sleep quality. Towels were changed upon request but if you leave the room after late morning, they wont tidy up the room. The decor is old and dim, curtains were half falling off their fixings. The room was big and had 2 double beds in it, so you could fit in a family with kids if you wanted. Mattress was soft and the pillows were - flat. I've never been a tough customer when it comes to hotels and their beds but I found myself waking up with sore upper shoulder/neck every single night I stayed there (and I travel frequently for my work so I've stayed at a fair number of different hotels - and have NEVER woken up with sore necks ever). Sink and bathtubs were always clogged and the sink had stains and gunk stuck to it.

Breakfast: breakfast is only served 7:30-8:30, eggs, bacon, sausages, cereal.

Amenities: pool table and room for skis in the basement.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank fifif311
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Every year I like to make at least one trip to Rossland for skiing. From now on, if I need to stay the night in Rossland, you will find me soaking in the Ram's Head Inn hot tub. Not only are the owners friendly, but the hotel is dog friendly!

If you're not an animal lover, don't be turned off. You would never even know animals were allowed in the rooms by how clean it is kept. I was travelling with a friend that has terrible animal allergies and they did not flare up at all while staying there.

Great place, great location - highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Collabo
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed one nite march 31 2012. Got there early that morning and we were allowed to park in lot even though check in at 3:00. Got to leave vehicle there on day 2 as we went cat skiing and they were expecting a big party. Didn't eat breakfast because we had to leave early but it looked good. Owners were very polite and accommodating. Nice and quiet. Easy access off highway and red mountain. More like a big cabin or lodge feeling. Quiet time at 10:00 was awesome because we were there to ski not party. Stay again in summer. Room was clean. Everything we needed was in room. Thanks again for your hospitality. Shelby

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 28, 2012

If you are looking for a brand new luxury place to stay this is not it. But if you are looking for warm, homey and comfortable then this is the place. Simple room, great cheap breakfast, nice hot tub and sauna. Close to the mountain and half the price. Everyone was so nice as well. Actually everyone we ran into all over Rossland was friendly and helpful. Hoping to go back for longer next year.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple