I have stayed here several times over the years and found it to be a very cordial, comfortable, pretty well appointed and reasonably priced place in close to the slopes at Red Mountain. During the summer of 2007, ownership changed and they created a 3 Br suite, which was advertised as sleeping 10. We (two families) rented this "large" 3 Br suite for a week in February and found it was terrible and the owner largely unresponsive to our complaints, which were:
• two of the bedrooms consisted of a bunk bed and nothing else
• no dressers, hooks, etc. that are needed to stow gear. The owner added an 8 hook coat rack in the hall and the last day bought two cheap dressers.
• The "master" BR (no separate bath-- all 8 of us shared one bathroom) was attached to the tiny living room by glass French doors THAT HAD NO CURTAINS! The owner had curtains installed after the first night.
• Overall the apartment had a rough-edged, cobbled together feel that was not at all up to the previous owners' standars or those f the other rooms.
• Housekeeping was not done regularly at all, was poorly done when done at all.
• Bunk beds were terrible-- we discovered on the last morning that my son was sleeping on a BOX SPRING the whole week!!!
• Breakfast was good but the owner insisted on strictly limiting serving hours to 7:30 (-ish) to 8:00 AM SHARP!. No exceptions. As the lifts did not open until 9 AM, this did not contribute to a relaxed, convivial atmosphere.
• We made these complaints known to the owner early and we asked for at least a partial refund of the $425/night price but she adamantly refused.
While some of these problems are peculiar to the start-up of new ownership and the newness of the 3 Br unit, I do not believe that the current owner has the needed traits to makes overnight guests feel welcome or to deal positively and constructively with problems that arise. I will never stay there again and would not advise any friend or foe to do so. advise anyone else to.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Ram's Head Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.