“Great food, great atmosphere, and Free Wings!”

Rock Cut Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 22 Restaurants in Rossland
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Provides premium pub food and drink. 12 Ice cold beers on tap. 17 flavors of wings to choose from. Family friendly, eat in or takeout. Off-sales available.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Superb pub, very close to Red Mountain/Big Red Cats. The food was excellent, prices were very reasonable, the waitresses were pleasant, but the highlight is Free Wings with a pitcher of beer! How can you go wrong??

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Not what it used to be. Went for my son's birthday dinner and was very disappointed. Was served burnt nachos, undercooked soggy greasy fish n chips. Will not eat here again. Food like that should never leave the kitchen ... No excuse .

3  Thank Alisa K
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Once upon a time, I had a good meal here but not for a long time. I have ended up going back with other people who suggested the venue but, of my own accord, I won't go back unless there are some major changes.

Pros:
The view can be very pretty and there are LOTS of windows.
It's a really convenient location for apres-ski.

Cons:
I don't like the wings at all. There was no crispiness to the skin and the sauces were so-so.
Last time I was there, two people sent back their Caesar salads. The lettuce was warm, the Parmesan tasted like it came out of a green Kraft container, and the salad was dressed with balsamic vinegar (on a Caesar?).
Had a fish burger another time. Menu described it as breaded, which I interpret as a thin coating. It was thickly battered and deep-fried, was overcooked and chewy with little flavour and the bun was stale.
Everything else I have tried here has been, at best, okay. I suspect they use a lot of frozen ingredients; maybe that's why so much of it tastes blah.
In light of that, over-priced for the quality.
The decor and deck could also use some updating.

If you're going for drinks, it's probably fine. If you want to eat, I wouldn't recommend it.

2  Thank Sussorous
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The original owner(Can't remember his name) is a loose canon and needs to have his licence revoked. I will never eat there again until I am assured that he will never recieve 1 cent of my money. Last time I ordered some nachos there, I recieved crumbs that were at the bottom of the bag...very poor. I don't like being overcharged either...

3  Thank Darcee O
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This restaurant has a great pub feel with pool table included. The food and service are fast and the portions are filling.

It's also nice and close to the ski hill which is a huge plus.

1  Thank Collabo