“Good old fashion small town hospitality”

Prestige Mountain Resort Rossland
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rossland
Ringwood, Australia
“Good old fashion small town hospitality”
Reviewed March 20, 2011

This was our eighth consecutive year that we have stayed at The Prestige, our stay is usually 2 weeks or more, and once again service was first class.

This Hotel is well positioned in the centre of the Town of Rossland, it is in walking distance to everything, a advantage if you want a ale or 2 at the local Restaurants, especially one called The Garage which is directly across the road and provides excellent meals, as does all the other eateries in Town (The Chinese Restaurant is an exception). The Prestige has its own Restaurant, a bar and a small cafe within.

After a hard days skiing up on Red Mountain, a ten min drive away, a relaxing and rejuvenating Spa and be had as The Prestige has its own Spa. Unfortunately a muscle strain occurred after one particular hard days skiing, conveniently the Prestige has a masseur working there who did wonders to the tired body.

The Hotel has secure ski lockers for peace of mind for your equipment, and undercover parking, which is a real bonus as Rossland is in the snow line. Another bonus is that The Prestige has a coin operated washer and dryer, Rossland's only Laundromat closed a number of years ago.

The housekeepers did a wonderful job of not only keeping our room as fresh as a daisy, but also the Hotel's Lobby, hallways etc. The free WiFi was really handy in keeping touch with family and friends back home.

I would like to Thank Jade and all staff for, once again, making our stay so enjoyable. Nothing was a problem, and any requests or questions were promptly dealt with in a timely and professional manner.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I had a terrible stay in Jan 2011, very loud bands playing in hotel rooms until 4 am what's wrong with the bar! Other rooms had parties going on until 4 or 5 am. God help you if you complain, the management don't care and let it carry on. You must put up with the noise. No compensation offered and the duty manager was so out off his depth and the manager tries to wriggle out of talking to guests about it. Heating was on the blink and guess what! The management didn't care.
I would strongly advise that you stay elsewhere until the senior management at this hotel gets in people who can run a hotel and not a teenage party.

I checked out and found elsewhere in Rossland to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MikeNowell
PrestigeHotels, Marketing & Sales Team at Prestige Mountain Resort Rossland, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
Thank you for your comments. Our Director of Guest Relations has been in direct contact with you in regards to this matter. We look forward to hosting you again at any of our properties in the near future.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We had the recent misfortune to stay at the Prestige. We were in Rossland for a ski improvement camp, and our visit coincided with the winter festival.
We went to bed on our first night, only to be woken a few hours later to find that the band from the bar were in the next room, continuing to play and party.
We rang to complain to the front desk to complain twice, but other than a phone call to the room nothing was done and the noise continued. Eventually my husband got dressed and went down to reception to complain. This time, we were given another room in the hotel.
We had to pack and move room - with no help from the hotel, in the early hours of the morning.
While we were moving out, there had obviously been other complaints, as the band and the other people in the party were asked to leave the hotel. This meant that while we were carrying our luggage down the hall, the band - by now very intoxicated - hurled verbal abuse and threatened us. It was a very scary experience! No one from the hotel was there to help.
The room we were moved to had a loud party going on 4 rooms down the corridor - and this went on until after 4am.
My husband again went to the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. The junior front desk clerk was reluctant to ring her , but eventually did. If was very obvious that she did not wish to talk to him. Eventually she agreed to meet him at 6pm the next evening.
6pm came and went, and the manager didn't turn up. She eventually arrived at 7pm, stating that her taxi was late. He response was less than satisfactory - basically I'm sorry, but there is nothing I can do" and brushed us off
At this point, we cancelled our booking and moved out to another hotel.
Other members of our group said that the noise continued all night the next night in much the same way. Also over the next few days the heating failed and they had several other small complaints. The response of the management to these was to leave a small teddy bear and 4 chocolates in their rooms - -with a note stating that the manager would be available only at 3pm to see them - What do they think middle aged men would do with bears? and where do they think a ski party will be at 3pm?...
Overall the problems with noise were not the hotels fault, but the way they dealt with the complaint was extremely poor. The winter festival is known to get very roudy - but no plan for this had been put in place for this- ie security guard to patrol the floors, or keep the bar open late... The hotel put us in a position where we were verbally threatened and sworn at by a large group of very intoxicated people. Given the state of intoxication of the band and party, could have easily escalated into violence - not exactly a situation we would want to repeat.
The overall response of the management to complaint was to ignore it, hoping it would go away. WE DID!- and will NEVER go back again!

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RhianneBisbane
PrestigeHotels, Marketing & Sales Team at Prestige Mountain Resort Rossland, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your feedback, although we truly regret that you were not satisfied with your stay. Experiences like this are not typical, and it is disappointing to hear that we did not exceed a guest’s expectations. Noise is always an unfortunate side effect of festivals that we try to manage as best we can; however, we clearly fell short this time.

We have sent you a private message with our contact information, and invite you to get in touch with us directly. We would love the opportunity to speak with you, and have you stay with us at the Prestige Mountain Resort Rossland again.
Calgary Alberta Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Rossland is a fun little town with good food and nice golf course. We like our hotel and had a few complaints but they are pretty minor. There was an ottoman/footstool at the base of the bed. Underneath a magazine sitting on the stool was a pile of rocks and dirt that looked like they emptied the vacuum cleaner there. Also the frig didn't work very well, we didn't complaint to the front desk. We only had a few drinks to keep cold and there was an ice machine.
The front desk man (sorry didn't get a name) was very helpful about restaurants. Eat ant Idgy's and Gabrielle's you won;t be sorry.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Marketing & Sales Team at Prestige Mountain Resort Rossland, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. All concerns and suggestions are taken seriously and will be addressed with management and staff. At Prestige Hotels & Resorts you are our number one priority.

Thank you for choosing The Prestige Mountain Resort & Conference Centre Rossland. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We are getting travel weary and I found this hotel to be accommodating, very clean and welcoming. The rooms are nice. We had a King with a small kitchenette. It was nice to have the extra space to stretch out. Large flat screen TV (wall mounted). Bathroom was good but need space on the counter for my toiletries. But all in all it was a great place to stay. Comfy mattress and pillows! Slept well. Great little restaurant across the street called the Garage (actually used to be an old Shell station...very neat) and food was great!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Prestige Mountain Resort in beautiful Rossland, BC. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Trail, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2010

This is a great hotel to stay in and what great service.
I had the misfortune of displaced from my home for a few days due to construction so I thought I would check into a hotel and relax for a few days.
Upon check in the service was excellent. It included discounts that I didn't ask for, upgrade to beautiful room with a 40 inch HD wall mounted TV, queen size plush bed, in room bar fridge, in room coffee and a decent sized bathroom and tub, very nice room.
My first night the neighbours, about 1/2 a block away were refinishing the garage and made a lot of noise cutting up the pavement, this went on all night. The following morning I called the front desk and complained about the noise. The person at the front desk apologized for the noise even though it was not their fault nor could they do anything about it but still offered to move me to the other end of the hotel if it persisted. I declined as it was too much of bother to pack up everything and move. Later that day I got a call from the front desk informing me the next night should be quieter. Apparently someone from the hotel staff talked to the neighbour and inquired how much longer they would be under construction. I thought this was a nice jester.
The next morning I woke to find my cell phone was dead and I had forgotten to pack my charger. I phoned the front desk and asked if they had one I could borrow. The gentleman at the front desk said to bring the phone down and they would see what they could do. I brought the phone down and he found a charger to match my phone. I asked how much to rent and he replied it's free, and then allowed me to take it to my room to use for the next couple of nights. I was impressed with this offer.
The following night I called the front desk wondering if they could recommend a restaurant to eat at. After a short conversation including what I was looking for (fast food, formal dining, pizza, etc) they recommended a few different restaurants in the area. Again great service.
I also have to commend the room service staff. I was in the room late on the second day when room service knocked on the door. When I responded I informed her I was working in the room and now was not a good time to clean. She apologized for disturbing me (which was not necessary as she was only doing her job) then said to call the front desk with a more convenient time to come clean. When I called the front desk, I stated I would be out of the room between 4 and 5 pm that day. I was expecting to get a response along the lines of "I'm sorry all our cleaning staff has gone for the day" but instead I got a response of "Thank you. We will have someone come up at that time and refresh your room". To my amazement, when I came back at 5 pm, the room was completely refreshed. Wow, I was impressed.
I have stayed in over 300 hotels in my life and I have to rate this one due to its customer service, cleanliness and service as one of my top 5 hotels.
If you pass through Rossland, BC stay at the Prestige. You won’t regret it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
PrestigeHotels, Marketing & Sales Team at Prestige Mountain Resort Rossland, responded to this review, May 5, 2010
Many thanks for your kind comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Prestige Mountain Resort & Conference Centre Rossland. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.
vancouver
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I live in Vancouver and have friends/family in the Trail Rossland area, so I visit three or four times a year. I stay with the Prestige every visit. The staff are helpful and friendly- you almost feel like family after a few visits. The rooms are cozy, comfortable and well appointed. The new restaurant in the hotel does a very nice job of dinner too. Thank you to the staff for this visit and I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
PrestigeHotels, Marketing & Sales Team at Prestige Mountain Resort Rossland, responded to this review, March 17, 2010
Thank you for your positive comments. We appreciate your loyalty and hope that you have joined our Prestige Loyalty Club. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our restaurant and we will share your comments with the staff. We look forward to welcoming you during your next visit. Thank you again for your continued support of Prestige Hotels & Resorts.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rossland
Best Western Plus Columbia River Hotel
#3 of 4 in Rossland
Ram's Head Inn
Ram's Head Inn
#3 of 6 in Rossland

Been to Prestige Mountain Resort Rossland? Share your experiences!