“Great lunch location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cow Bay Cafe

Cow Bay Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood, Italian, Canadian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual Italian & westcoast seafood in a cozy neighbourhood cafe located on the waterfront in Cow Bay Featuring... Traditional Italian pizzas, pastas and antipasto Fresh and local seafood Home made desserts and bread Award winning Italian and BC wines with local craft beers Eat In / Take Away Gluten free & kid friendly
Farmington, Maine, United States
“Great lunch location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We had freshly brewed coffee and a great pizza.
Service was fast and friendly.
Would definitely go back again.

Visited July 2014

Maple Ridge, Canada
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Enjoyed the menu, - some classics as well as some unique choices - local food, well prepared. Great service too. We were late for our dinner because the boat we were on arrived in late - they kept the kitchen open and did not make us feel rushed in anyway. Lovely evening. Prawns with artichoke and wild mushroom linguine was excellent! Mussels also.. New owners last year

Visited July 2014
Medford, Oregon
“We echo the thoughts of others”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

We agree with the other reviews: quaint, good food, great view of the local fishing fleet from their deck-up close and personal. Eat outside if you can. We were there in the mid-afternoon and so we had pizza. Nice thin crust and very tasty. Menu pricing will get your attention, but we definitely would go back.

• Visited July 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Went with high expectations & it met them for the most part”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

What more could you want from a restaurant than breath-taking views? Well, in Prince Rupert, some seafood could be nice.
I was really hoping for some nice salmon from the shores of this coastal town, and unfortunately, that is the one area where the Cow Bay Cafe did not deliver. They only had one fish on the menu (halibut, not my favourite), mussels in the appetizers (again, I don't like them), and a pasta with prawns (which I had eaten the evening before in Terrace).
All things said, however, this restaurant did deliver. I had the Caprese salad which was relatively good - I wasn't a major fan of the buffalo mozzarella they used but I have definitely had worse, and I had the Bolognese for my main. I can't have gluten, so they subbed the noodles for gluten-free penne which is always a gamble. I was pleasantly surprised by their GF pasta and it made for some great leftovers the night after, too!
Overall, the atmosphere of this place is quite cute and I definitely wish I had room for dessert. Great looking pizzas and crostini, and a solid Italian dinner on the sea. Service was also great.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Vancouver, Canada
“Amazing food in Prince Rupert BC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Four of us had dinner at the Cow Bay Café in Prince Rupert BC. This was my first time visiting the restaurant and it was recommended by my son, who lives in PR. The restaurant is small and so space is limited so we made a reservation.

Each dish ordered was so fresh and with great taste, it was amazing. We had antipasto for starters and it was generous portions for the four of us. I had steamed Halibut and it was the best Halibut I have ever had. In fact probably one of the best meals I have ever had. WE all commented on how good our meals were.

Very friendly and efficient waitress, good wine selection.

If you are ever in Prince Rupert I would recommend this place, it is a little gem

• Visited June 2014