“A taste of Seafood finally.”

Dolly's Fish Market
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 15, 2014

After doing the interior of BC & Yukon we got to try some sea food
They also had takeout for fresh seafood to cook on your own.
Smoked fish available .Good Seafood, excellent clam chowder and ,fish.

There are newer reviews for Dolly's Fish Market

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Excellent food. Considerate service (when we had to wait rather long for a table, we were given a free glass of wine). Seafood is processed on the premises and seafood to go is reasonably priced and can be shipped.

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Thought the fish chowder was really tasty then followed by seafood combo which was super. Also managed an apple and cranberry pie which was fabulous. Service very good and liked the local atmosphere. Would recommend wholeheartedly.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went for a light lunch.. Ha Ha. Of course seafood is uppermost on the menu. Thoroughly enjoyed a satisfying meal.. Did not come away hungry. Also, while there I had my salmon catch, vacuum packed, frozen, and ready for shipment to USA. Convenient.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I would give Dolly's a 3 if it were in a larger city, but a 4 for a smaller place like Prince Rupert.

I was expecting an opportunity for a healthy and tasty dinner that I hoped would fill me up. When I looked at the menu, it seemed as though fish is primarily prepared by frying in some manner. I requested that I did not want my food fried, but I wanted it broiled instead. The waitress needed to ask the chef if this was possible. She came back and said it could be done. I ordered the seafood combo, which comes with a piece of halibut, 3 shrimp, and 3 scallops, some slices of smoked salmon, and cole slaw with dried cranberries. I also got a cup of soup that had a curry flavored broth. The soup had 2 shrimp in it and contained some potatoes and other vegetables, The broth was tasty, but could have been a little hotter. The seafood combo was pretty average. The halibut could have used some seasoning but I used the lemon provided, The shrimp and scallops were a bit on the small side, and once again could have used a bit of seasoning. The pleasant surprise for me was the smoked salmon, which was presented sliced thin, had a sashimi-like texture and presentation, The cole slaw was also tasty, the cranberries adding a nice touch,

The staff on the night I visited were young. They were polite, but could have been more attentive. When I came in, I mentioned that I was really hungry. That is a cue to get some food to the customer quickly. After placing my order I waited about 10 minutes, and it was not really busy, before I asked the waitress if she could get my soup, She was back within 2 minutes, but i felt like I should not have had to ask. I also sat around after finishing my meal waiting for my check. There was no supervision on the seating portion of the restaurant to ensure that service was attentive. Staff should be taught that customer should be checked on as frequently as possible.