“Fish to go”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
alberta
“Fish to go”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Stopped to buy some fresh fish to take home and ended up eating in small attached cafe. Wonderful selection of seafood and decent prices.

Visited October 2011

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Overrated - A little customer service would go a long way.”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I visited this location recently with two friends I was travelling with. Based on Tripadvisor reviews and word-of-mouth I hoped that I had hit the Jackpot. Little did I know.. First things first, we walked in and it had a cute little small time diner feel which I Love. Very 'homey' and what enticed me was the fact that they had their house-made batter up at the front for sale.
We sat down and what appeared to be a 'sweet' waitress came up to us and took our order. Mind you, there were 3 of us and she only took 2 of our orders and starting heading to the kitchen. We called her back over to let her know that there was another order that she hadn't taken (obviously)... I ordered the Fish and Chips and my 2 friends had ordered the crab cakes and sweet potato fries. We also ordered a seafood chowder for an appetizer. We asked for our salads first and 2 of us ordered a water with lemon and the other had ordered a soft drink.
We got our caesar salads and they were very tasty and from what I can tell the caesar dressing was either house made or they had added their own spin, either way it was delicious. Once we were finished right away we had gotten our chowder with a home made biscuit. The biscuit was amazingly out of this world delicious and the chowder was.. Lets just say it was definitely lacking in the flavour department, a little salt and pepper goes a long way. Also you can tell it was frozen and re-heated which I normally don't mind but the fish in the chowder was so over cooked that I couldn't tell if it was fish or chicken. Right after that we got our food and needless to say the fish was amazing but of course I had ordered 2 slices of fish and only received one. It was cooked to perfection and the flavour was there. What I didn't appreciate was that it was packaged tarter sauce (why restaurants cannot take the simplest extra steps, I will never understand) and the fries were also packaged. Our entire time eating we were never served our 3 drinks and our waitress did not smile at us once. We did not feel welcome or wanted. There were only 2 other diners in the establishment and they were served their drinks with a smile. We got neither. I would not recommend this restaurant nor would I visit again.

• Visited October 2011
3 Thank Camille M
Wimberley
“Small place where locals eat”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This restaurant was recommended by local lady who was very helpful.
Food was delicious, my husband is not a big fish person he had fish and chips and loved it. I had smoked salmon panini was great.

1 Thank Bozenaclay
Victoria, Canada
“This restaurant is an amazing little place with excellent seafood.”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We were very surprised to find a restaurant serving such excellent seafood , in Prince Rupert. The restaurant, which is part of the seafood retail outlet, is very small and unimpressive and therefore easy to bypass, but well worth visiting.

• Visited September 2011
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent food and first rate service!”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Came across this small unassuming place while in town and wanted to try their seafood. It didn't disappoint. The haddock was to die for and the shrimp cocktail couldn't have been any fresher. The service was great and it was like I was a local! Very friendly and the price was very reasonable for fresh seafood! Definitely worth the visit!

• Visited August 2011