“Outstanding Sushi Restaurant”

Fukasaku of Prince Rupert
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fukasaku is devoted to authentic BC products and committed to sustainability, locality, and healthy eating! All seafood is caught right here in the Pacific Ocean and we are the first sushi restaurant in BC to be 100% certified by Vancouver Aquarium's Ocean Wise program. We only use the freshest, highest quality seafood and compliment it with local BC products like real wasabi harvested on Vancouver Island and seaweed from Haida Gwaii. In addition to our inventive menu we have a great selection of BC wines, beer, and even BC sake. We welcome you to join us for a sustainable, substantial, genuine British Columbian experience!
Prince Rupert, BC
“Outstanding Sushi Restaurant”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My husband doesn't like to go out to dinner much but now that Fukasaku has opened in Prince Rupert I have no trouble getting him to go out with me. The food is so fresh, delicious and sustainable. You can make this an inexpensive night or go all out depending on your choices.

• Visited July 2014

“top-notch!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Where to start?... I'm not very experienced with sake, so on my first outing to Fukasaku of P.R. I made it a goal to try as many as I could (within my budget) - which turned out to be four tonight: Junmai Nama, Junmai Nama Genshu, Junmai Nama Nigori and the Hakutsuru Junmai Ginjo. All were very nice with my favorite being the Hakutsuru Junmai Ginjo for it's subtleness and ability to complement chef Daisuke's excellent food. A close second to the Hakutsuru Junmai Ginjo for me was the Junmai Nama Genshu; for the exact opposite reason - it stood out and accented the savory food I enjoyed with a strong taste of apples and other sweet fruits - OISHII!

My server tonight was a tad on the quiet side but able to answer all my questions on the sushi and drink I ordered, a question she couldn't answer sent her to the chef and was answered promptly upon her return - how humble and helpful! I experienced no lapse in time where I felt the server was away too long. I should also add that the chef himself came out on two occasions to all the tables to see how everyone was doing while I was there - the mark of a chef who truly cares!

As for the food, I haven't until this night had the pleasure of tasting real wasabi - I will never go back! The seafood was the freshest I have ever tasted, with the Upstream being my favorite. Too often in sushi restaurants I've been to, I feel the chef is aiming for quantity over quality with their tuna dishes - not the case here, It was so fresh and perfectly proportioned! and will be one of my go-tos from here on out.

Rupert has never had the pleasure of experiencing this level of seafood in my life time (born and raised since '85), that IS saying a lot and I mean it, you owe it to yourself to taste the best this town has to offer and it's at Fukasaku of Prince Rupert!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank chalkhara
Victoria, Canada
“Quality food made with integrity and pride!!!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Wow, I can honestly say that the sushi made by chef Daisuke is incredible in many ways. The chef (also owner) shows his pride in every plate he serves. The sushi is 100% ocean wise, and makes you feel good about eating it.....no msg, or inferior ingredients in sight.
While I was there I had the pleasure of eating crab cakes, and an assortment of rolls (Dungeness, downstream, upstream, qualicum) as well as as assortment of sashimi. My fiancé and I loved all of it. We washed it all down with a bottle of warm Granville Island sake....well almost a whole bottle. :)
The restaurant is clean, modern, and has a pleasant atmosphere is calm and relaxing. Great music!!
Great way to start a Friday night! Would highly recommend to anyone and will be happy to eat here again,,,

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank HappyPaddles
Vancouver, Canada
“I love sushi and this is up to expectations”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Really wonderful sushi. Toro and all nigiri great quality and room is clean. Being from a sushi eating family we were really overwhelmed with the quality and atmosphere for Prince Rupert. I will always come to eat here when in town. This sushi bar could be in any major city and make it on quality no problem.

• Visited June 2014
Powell River, Canada
“Best sushi experience ever had!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Fukasaku offers the highest quality of seafood cuisine we have ever experienced. The sushi is to to die for! Our group of 5 was graciously served and their broad range of drinks offered - from beer to sake - is very impressive. I can honestly speak for everyone that we have never had such delicious and authentic sushi, from east coast to west coast, this was the BEST!

• Visited March 2014