“Good reception”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Prince Rupert
U.K.
“Good reception”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Booked in really late one night after getting off a long disappointing two day VIA rail trip from Jasper. The train was delayed and it was dark when we arrived in Prince Rupert so had no chance to look at the harbour. This motel is a couple of blocks in from the harbour on a quiet street. The folks at reception could not have been kinder. I guess they are used to receiving tired travellers with 'train legs' or 'sea legs' from the ferry. On the down side, the corridors were stuffy and a little smelly. The flimsy large windows were poorly secured and opened wide- there were also notices in the guest directory about safety and security- wonder why they paid no attention to the windows...
There was free WIFI and a coffee maker, microwave and small fridge in the room. Bathroom was basic as were towels and linen. Cleanliness was good despite the strange smell. The continental breakfast was laid out in the lobby and included hot drinks, toast, a large pile of muffins and some good oranges and apples but no comfortable seating- the restaurant was closed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Corey K, General Manager at Pacific Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
UKHEDGEHOG,

Thank-you for your recent review of the Pacific Inn and I am pleased to hear the kind comments regarding the team here. We understand that traveling to Prince Rupert is a journey and at times, tiring and is certainly nice to hear that the team could not have been kinder to you. With respect to the comment on the corridors, we are currently looking into a hallway ventilation system that will assist with the proper air flow needed. Although all guest room windows do open to allow fresh air, at times they are kept closed due to external weather conditions. I am also pleased to hear your comments regarding our cleanliness as this is another area that we take an immense amount of pride in. We are in the process of designing our new breakfast room, in conjunction with a complete lobby, entrance & front desk renovation to transpire in the fall of 2013 and do hope that if you travel back through you will be able to see the changes we have made.

Once again, thank-you for taking the time to submit a review as it certainly is appreciated.

Mr. Corey Kitchen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This could be a great place to frequent if it wouldn't be for some annoying things. When we got up to the 2nd floor to reach our room at the end of the hallway we were overwhelmed by an undefinable god awful smell, which never went away. Probably due to improper or no ventilation at all. The room was very spacious with excellent bedding, which made for a good night sleep. The shower was inoperative since the lever was stuck in the bathtub position. Getting in and out of a small and narrow bathtub is not easy for 6 feet tall persons. But the real joke was the placement of the tiny refrigerator and microwave. Some brainless person put it on the floor underneath the wet bar. In order to heat up a cup of coffee we had to crawl on the floor to operate the microwave. This is unacceptable. The complimentary breakfast was below par and the selection was the smallest we have ever encountered. We probably would stay here again if these issues are addressed.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Klausmac
Klausmac,

Thank-you for submitting your review of the Pacific Inn as we encourage all our guests to provide feedback on their experience so that we may either enhance or rectify any and all comments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the spacious rooms and the bedding, which made for a good nights sleep, as well; I have noted the comment regarding organization for better utilization of the refrigerator & microwave and have since started to better organize the room. Our Complimentary breakfast is of good local quality and we have since added additional products within the breakfast room itself.

I certainly would like the opportunity to host you again when traveling back through Prince Rupert. Again, thank-you for your review and we will do our utmost to ensure the issues are addressed.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Simple motel rooms. Stayed in room 323. When I went to have a shower I found the hot water tap did not work. I spoke to reception and was moved to room 328. The rooms windows are paper thin and so the street facing rooms will get car and pedestrian noise, however the street is not busy. The bathrooms were clean and simple. The room had no plates or cutlery, but had a cheap champagne holder if you need that. Their is no air-conditioning and only simple heating system. The first room had a mini fridge, but the second room did not had a mini fridge. The fire system is the old style type, so I set of the room fire alarm with steam from the shower. So remember to shut the bathroom door. Paid $ 91 for the night.

A "continental breakfast" is provided, but is turns out it is very simple and you don't even had a place to sit down...breakfast on the move.
The free WIFI worked and it had good reception.

I would probably look around again for better accommodation if I returned to this town.

Room Tip: For a quieter night sleep as to have a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AlpineAndyAustralia
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I was booked into one property in Prince Rupert, but graciously got bumped to the Pacific Inn. What a wonderful surprise. A 10:30 PM check in; the front staff were ready - 1 min and I was on my way to the room. Very clean and quiet, as well, close to everything in Prince Rupert. For a reasonable cost room, a great place to stay.

Thanks to the staff for making the one night a pleasant experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Corey K, General Manager at Pacific Inn, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Wayne154943,

Thank-you for your kind comments regarding the Pacific Inn. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and that our standards exceeded your expectations. Your comments regarding our team here are certainly appreciated and I will share with each of them. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip through Prince Rupert.

Corey Kitchen
Shawnigan Lake, Canada
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My family & I ended up at the Pacific Inn by default after a reservation mishap at the Totem Hotel (do not recommend that place at all). The Front desk personnel was extremely kind & managed to calm me down (it was very late at night & I had 2 very tired children as we had just gotten off the ferry & were not able to stay at the hotel we were supposed to). She even gave me a discount for the trouble I had been through! The room I got was very clean & very quiet & there was enough stuff at breakfast that there was no complaints from the kids :) I would very happily stay here next time I go through Prince Rupert :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Corey K, General Manager at Pacific Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Supernova_Stardust,

Thank-you for your recent review of the Pacific Inn. I am very pleased to hear that the service you received was very positive and kind to you and your family under the unfortunate situation. I am also very pleased to hear you enjoyed the clean and spacious room, as well; the complimentary continental breakfast in the AM. We take an immense amount of pride in our service that we provide and we certainly do look forward to hosting you once again when you travel back through.

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I sincerely think that Pacific Inn is the best deal and hotel in all of Prince Rupert. Ok, so it does not have sweeping views of the water like The Crest, but otherwise this place rocks! The rooms were HUUUUGE, the bed was comfortable, the staff was super friendly and always willing to help. I loved the fact they had free internet, that is a HUGE plus in my book. Overall, it does not get much better than Pacific Inn!

Room Tip: get. a room on the corner
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Corey K, General Manager at Pacific Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Seahawksteve,

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review of The Pacific Inn and I am very pleased that we had met your expectations with both the guest room and our service. We certainly do have large spacious rooms that provide ample space and room to move around and be comfortable, in which; we have been doing extensive guest room renovations to make our guest rooms even more comfortable. Again, thank-you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Pacific Inn
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2012

From the booking to checking out, my stay was pampered with service unparalled to in the Prince Rupert region. The staff are only as attentitive and caring as the person running this hotel. Corey, the GM is extremely passionate about helping travellers feel appreciated and welcomed. The front desk agent by the name of Raj was professional and attentive. The rooms were tastefully renovated and has all the proper ammenities that will meet all traveller's needs. A gem in Prince Rupert. Hopefully this review will not create any problems with my future bookings in this hotel!

Thanks again for the pleasant stay Corey and staff!

-Andy

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Andy,

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review regarding our "Gem" of a property as we appreciate all guests feedback. We have gone through some exciting changes including renovations to our guest rooms, public areas and the addition of TheaAnne's Greek Palace Restaurant. I am very pleased to hear that you did receive exceptional service, in which; is just another area that the entire team is very proud of. Once again Andy, thank-you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back anytime in the future!