“Not up to expectation” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Prince Rupert
Huntington Beach, California
“Not up to expectation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

This could be a great place to frequent if it wouldn't be for some annoying things. When we got up to the 2nd floor to reach our room at the end of the hallway we were overwhelmed by an undefinable god awful smell, which never went away. Probably due to improper or no ventilation at all. The room was very spacious with excellent bedding, which made for a good night sleep. The shower was inoperative since the lever was stuck in the bathtub position. Getting in and out of a small and narrow bathtub is not easy for 6 feet tall persons. But the real joke was the placement of the tiny refrigerator and microwave. Some brainless person put it on the floor underneath the wet bar. In order to heat up a cup of coffee we had to crawl on the floor to operate the microwave. This is unacceptable. The complimentary breakfast was below par and the selection was the smallest we have ever encountered. We probably would stay here again if these issues are addressed.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Klausmac
Corey K, General Manager at Pacific Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Klausmac,

Thank-you for submitting your review of the Pacific Inn as we encourage all our guests to provide feedback on their experience so that we may either enhance or rectify any and all comments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the spacious rooms and the bedding, which made for a good nights sleep, as well; I have noted the comment regarding organization for better utilization of the refrigerator & microwave and have since started to better organize the room. Our Complimentary breakfast is of good local quality and we have since added additional products within the breakfast room itself.

I certainly would like the opportunity to host you again when traveling back through Prince Rupert. Again, thank-you for your review and we will do our utmost to ensure the issues are addressed.

Mr. Corey Kitchen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Simple motel rooms. Stayed in room 323. When I went to have a shower I found the hot water tap did not work. I spoke to reception and was moved to room 328. The rooms windows are paper thin and so the street facing rooms will get car and pedestrian noise, however the street is not busy. The bathrooms were clean and simple. The room had no plates or cutlery, but had a cheap champagne holder if you need that. Their is no air-conditioning and only simple heating system. The first room had a mini fridge, but the second room did not had a mini fridge. The fire system is the old style type, so I set of the room fire alarm with steam from the shower. So remember to shut the bathroom door. Paid $ 91 for the night.

A "continental breakfast" is provided, but is turns out it is very simple and you don't even had a place to sit down...breakfast on the move.
The free WIFI worked and it had good reception.

I would probably look around again for better accommodation if I returned to this town.

Room Tip: For a quieter night sleep as to have a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AlpineAndyAustralia
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I was booked into one property in Prince Rupert, but graciously got bumped to the Pacific Inn. What a wonderful surprise. A 10:30 PM check in; the front staff were ready - 1 min and I was on my way to the room. Very clean and quiet, as well, close to everything in Prince Rupert. For a reasonable cost room, a great place to stay.

Thanks to the staff for making the one night a pleasant experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Corey K, General Manager at Pacific Inn, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Wayne154943,

Thank-you for your kind comments regarding the Pacific Inn. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and that our standards exceeded your expectations. Your comments regarding our team here are certainly appreciated and I will share with each of them. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip through Prince Rupert.

Corey Kitchen
Shawnigan Lake, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

My family & I ended up at the Pacific Inn by default after a reservation mishap at the Totem Hotel (do not recommend that place at all). The Front desk personnel was extremely kind & managed to calm me down (it was very late at night & I had 2 very tired children as we had just gotten off the ferry & were not able to stay at the hotel we were supposed to). She even gave me a discount for the trouble I had been through! The room I got was very clean & very quiet & there was enough stuff at breakfast that there was no complaints from the kids :) I would very happily stay here next time I go through Prince Rupert :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Corey K, General Manager at Pacific Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Supernova_Stardust,

Thank-you for your recent review of the Pacific Inn. I am very pleased to hear that the service you received was very positive and kind to you and your family under the unfortunate situation. I am also very pleased to hear you enjoyed the clean and spacious room, as well; the complimentary continental breakfast in the AM. We take an immense amount of pride in our service that we provide and we certainly do look forward to hosting you once again when you travel back through.

Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I sincerely think that Pacific Inn is the best deal and hotel in all of Prince Rupert. Ok, so it does not have sweeping views of the water like The Crest, but otherwise this place rocks! The rooms were HUUUUGE, the bed was comfortable, the staff was super friendly and always willing to help. I loved the fact they had free internet, that is a HUGE plus in my book. Overall, it does not get much better than Pacific Inn!

Room Tip: get. a room on the corner
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Corey K, General Manager at Pacific Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Seahawksteve,

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review of The Pacific Inn and I am very pleased that we had met your expectations with both the guest room and our service. We certainly do have large spacious rooms that provide ample space and room to move around and be comfortable, in which; we have been doing extensive guest room renovations to make our guest rooms even more comfortable. Again, thank-you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Pacific Inn
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

From the booking to checking out, my stay was pampered with service unparalled to in the Prince Rupert region. The staff are only as attentitive and caring as the person running this hotel. Corey, the GM is extremely passionate about helping travellers feel appreciated and welcomed. The front desk agent by the name of Raj was professional and attentive. The rooms were tastefully renovated and has all the proper ammenities that will meet all traveller's needs. A gem in Prince Rupert. Hopefully this review will not create any problems with my future bookings in this hotel!

Thanks again for the pleasant stay Corey and staff!

-Andy

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Andy,

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review regarding our "Gem" of a property as we appreciate all guests feedback. We have gone through some exciting changes including renovations to our guest rooms, public areas and the addition of TheaAnne's Greek Palace Restaurant. I am very pleased to hear that you did receive exceptional service, in which; is just another area that the entire team is very proud of. Once again Andy, thank-you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back anytime in the future!

Fort Saint James, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We travelled to Prince Rupert for a fall vacation. We stayed at the Pacific Inn and were very happy with our clean, spacious, quiet room and we experienced such nice, helpful friendly staff. The Continental breakfast was well stocked with lots of good hot fresh coffee and delicious baking. We took our small dog and they were so accommodiating and she also enjoyed the doggie treats! We look forward to staying in the future! An older accommodiation but updated, you will not be disappointed. The bed was excellent and the linen was soft and crisp. Excellent value for your dollar. I give this hotel two thumbs up!

Room Tip: Rooms and the back side of the hotel are very quiet. Parking is safe. When driving into Prince Rup...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Corey K, General Manager at Pacific Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dalphena S,

Thank-you for taking the time to comment and I am pleased that not only did you enjoy your stay but your four legged family member did as well! As mentioned in previous posts, we have gone through extensive changes here at The Pacific Inn over the past 7 months with an emphasis on providing exceptional and real service. Additional Guest Room & Public Area renovations will commence in the fall of 2012 that will compliment our previous renovations and the opening of TheaAnne's Greek Palace Restaurant. I certainly look forward to showing you the upgrades and look forward to hosting you again when you travel back to Prince Rupert!