We stayed here for a week as part of a three month trip and will remember the Aleeda Motel for all the wrong reasons!
1. We were greeted with an empty desk despite pressing the buzzer numerous times. It turns out the motel, is not 24/7 check in but pretty much 24/7 doors open, anyone can wander in, which they did, often.
2. Like a previous reviewer, we were overcharged! We reserved a room in the motel via Booking.com which stated a cheaper price. When we queried this, we were told by the miserable woman in the stained top who finally appeared that she would make a note of the mistake and to bring it up with her colleague as they "have to honour the prices stated on Booking.com"... Not so, the next morning we spoke to the 'colleague' who we found to be rude, aggressive and dismissive regarding the over-payment. She refused to give us a partial refund as "with the prices stated on Booking, they can't make ends meet!" Maybe it's worth asking then, why they don't advertise a higher price on this website?! It would certainly have saved us a visit!
3. Poor value for $.
4. The very limited kitchenware supplied needed a second wash.
5. The broken cold water tap in the bathroom which literally snapped in two halves when we tried to use it.
6. The shower has mismatched taps and cuts in and out, often unexpectedly spraying you with hot water.
7. The dirty, stained sheets and towels.
8. The broken oven (a fire hazard as the door didn't close) and hob.
9. The motel is EXTREMELY loud at all hours. Locals have told us it has a reputation as a party place which we found to be true. Doors were banging all night and kids were constantly running up and down and crying in the corridors. Our room was by the stairs; we heard people laughing, screaming and traipsing up and down the whole time and were regularly woken.
10. Due to the discrepancy regarding payment, we felt unable to use the room cleaning service as there was no safety deposit box.
11. A call from the front desk at an odd hour as they'd dialled the wrong number.
12. The yellow tap water.
13. The grunt from the rude staff member as we left just added insult to injury.
The only positives I can think of is that it's within a half hour walk of the ferry/Via Rail terminal and that there's an Overwaite grocery store right across the street.
At this point, it might be worth noting we are backpackers and not picky in the slightest. Take our advice, safe yourself a bother and book a room elsewhere. Any place run like this deserves to go bust and quickly!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Aleeda Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aleeda Hotel Prince Rupert