“Worst interpretation of baklava I've ever tasted..”

Achillion Greek Cuisine and Mykonos Taverna & Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mackenzie, Canada
“Worst interpretation of baklava I've ever tasted..”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I came on a Sat night, and it was packed, so I was willing to overlook the rather slow service.. The decor was dated and kitschy, but I was willing to overlook this if the food was good.. I ordered the moussaka, and it would have been good if not for the cold spots that are an unpleasant reminder that an entree has not been made to order.. I should have got them to reheat it. Even though I was rather full, I figured I'd try the baklava, as I make a point of it whenever eating in a Greek or Persian restauarant. I was hoping this would put the Achillion back on my good books, but instead I was left, literally, with a bad taste in my mouth.. The baklava had the appearance and texture of sopping wet brown paper towels, and tasted awful. So the meal and service was adequate, but not something I subject myself to a second time.. Not at these prices..

• Visited February 2014

BC
“Awesome Food!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Every time we visit we are not disappointed, this last visit was no exception. We happened to be entertaining our staff there for dinner so we had a large group of about 30 people. This proved to be no problem for them, it seems like whether it's just my wife and I as a couple going there or any other occasion the service and more importantly the food is very good and consistent! Every one was satisfied with what they had from appies to the full meals and those who had room for dessert, there were no complaints. My always favorite there is their pork souvlaki dinner special with a skewer of shrimp, it's the best! We always return!

• Visited December 2013
Prince George, Canada
“Very Poor”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My wife and I went there over the weekend. The food was served to us cold and without eating utensils. Once we got them to re-heat our food it was alright but I've had a better time eating Greek food at Opa.

Visited November 2013
Prince George
“Just a great restaurant”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Four of us went out for a nice dinner. This restaurant never lets us down. Great service, great atmosphere, and great food. I had lamb chops that were perfectly cooked. The rice and potatoes were good and the Greek salad was fantastic. We love this place.

• Visited November 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Great authentic Food”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We took our parents out for my fathers 80th birthday and the food was spot on. The Calamari was cooked to perfection, the prawns fresh and juicy and the portions were very ample leaving my brother with a full Greek the next day. Our server (although refusing to do a belly dance for my fathers birthday) was wonderful and made our evening both memorable and enjoyable.

• Visited October 2013