“avefrage”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Prince George, Canada
“avefrage”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

This place needs a major overhaul as it is stuck in the 70's. Cherries Jubilee is so passe although I will say that the food is usually very good and the atmosphere is quiet and great for conversation.

Prince George, BC, Canada
“Old school fine dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant and great food. Nice dining experience in Prince George. Delicious lobster bisque and rack of lamb.

“Super!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Had dinner with a group of 7. Service and food were excellent. I love this small and intimate dining room. The fresh sheet helps with the fact that the menu has not changed much in years. However, we go back because it is consistently excellent and because we like the menu. Mona and her staff were super as usual! I highly recommend this restaurant and it is one of the best if not the best in town!

• Visited October 2012
Prince George, Canada
“Going downhill fast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I went to Winston's on Oct 16 to celebrate my birthday. My partner had the pork and I had the roast salmon. The menu didn't specify what type of starch came with the meal, so we asked the waitress about it. She didn't seem to know, either, but we clarified that we'd both like roast potatoes and she agreed. When our meals came, they were both served on top of gelatinous globs that I think were supposed to be risotto. We called the waitress back and asked about the roast potatoes. She glanced at our plates, said she'd bring them and took off. When you go to a fancy restaurant, you expect to be served the right food. When you're not, the bare minimum you expect is that the server whisks away your plates, apologizes and quickly fixes the issue. Instead, she was going to leave us with our globs of risotto and bring a plate of roast potatoes on the side. I had to request (politely but firmly) that she take our plates away and re-plate our dinners. To me, this is the antithesis of fine dining. As it turned out, our entrees were both overcooked and dry. But the sauces were nice, and the desert (death by chocolate) was wonderful. It came with a strawberry sauce, not the raspberry coulis indicated on the menu, but it was still wonderful. Coffee was excellent. As it turns out, Winston's was offering a 2 for 1 entree because it was a Tuesday, so what we paid for our meal was more reasonable given the poor service and poor quality of food.

• Visited October 2012
“Excellent again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Recently took our family for a birthday celebration. Food, service, atmosphere were all excellent. I've rated this restaurant before and it is maintaining its high standards. Mona and her staff do a superior job as does the kitchen. Well done!